Correct interior?

Questions and general discussion on all things Type 3 & 4
Ozzyrules

Correct interior?

Post by Ozzyrules » 20th October 2014 - 6:33pm

Hello,
Was hoping for abit of knowledge. I'm currently running a Ozzy import '73 Squareback.(Grasshopper Green) It has a tan interior which I'm pretty sure is original with tan doorcards except the boot lid and boot area which has black cards. The carpet is also black. Any ideas what the correct combination is as i'm looking to refresh it abit but want to stay true to its original interior.
Thanks for your help
Guy

Editor

Re: Correct interior?

Post by Editor » 21st October 2014 - 1:55am

I think TMI do tan interior carpet, but you would have to make sure they do it in RHD. Google TMI Interiors VW UK
or go to the TMI main website:-
Full catalogue at http://www.tmiproducts.com/volkswagen/catalog.html , but you would need to be sure they still do what you want...

Spirit of the Fifties is another interiors company. Probably more suggestions coming!
Dave.

miketyp3

Post by miketyp3 » 21st October 2014 - 1:36pm

This one http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showt ... ?p=1305713 seems to show a black (or dark grey at least) carpet.
Unless that is your car of course!
Mike

64 1500S Notchback - RHD Sunroof
66 1600TL Fastback - Pigalle Interior
67 T346 Karmann Ghia - RHD Sunroof

Editor

Post by Editor » 22nd October 2014 - 1:42pm

Australia was a law to themselves with car colours - Grasshopper green wasn't an original German colour. Tan interior was certainly an option on the German-built cars with green paintwork. The only tan carpet I've seen was on a US spec Squareback. I think that car was (Safari?) beige.
Dave.

Ozzyrules

Post by Ozzyrules » 22nd October 2014 - 6:30pm

Mike,
Great spot finding that on the stancework forum. Its looks like its got exactly the same interior as mine even down to the black cards in the boot so odds are that's probably how it was originally and thanks for the links Dave.
Cheers all
Guy