Modern VW 'How to' videos

Questions and general discussion on all things Type 3 & 4
Editor

Modern VW 'How to' videos

Post by Editor » 8th July 2015 - 11:08am

John Hannen contacted me on behalf of Inchcape Volkswagen, one of the UK's largest suppliers of new/used VWs.

"We have on our website some really useful videos for VW owners (e.g. on maintaining your VW, checking your lights, and using internal electrical functions): https://www.inchcape-volkswagen.co.uk/m ... to-videos/

I've had a look at a few - they're fairly trivial for our needs, but if you've a modern VW they may be of some interest.

Nothing on repairing modern electrical systems, which everyone seems to have problems with! ;-)

However, the wheel change one would have saved me a bit of puzzling over how to get to the wheel nuts when faced with removing a wheel recently - the little splined nut covers are simply that - plastic and not for using a spline tool! It's covered in the service book, but who reads that first? The video doesn't show how to break the wheel from its corroded disc hub though! It needed quite a thump on my Golf.
Dave.

Wireless

Re: Modern VW 'How to' videos

Post by Wireless » 11th July 2015 - 2:18am

Saw some reasonable videos on Land Rovers (another passion), but video's for type 3 & 4 seem thin on the ground.
73 de Wayne M5WJF

'73 Type 4 412 LS Variant (UK Reg '74)

Editor

Re: Modern VW 'How to' videos

Post by Editor » 12th July 2015 - 11:46am

I've a load of official VW videos on VHS. I should digitise them and put them on DVD (well, some anyway).
Dave.