Off to California

Questions and general discussion on all things Type 3 & 4
Havana Henry

Off to California

Post by Havana Henry » 30th August 2015 - 8:44am

Just thought I'd update here about my 64 Notchback, which I sold recently, as it is a well known car here.

I advertised on The Samba and was overwhelmed with enquires from the States, mainly California, and that is where it now resides!

Although I was sorry to see a very rare UK car leave these shores, the chap who bought it paid full asking price, and was very decent the whole time. Unfortunately I didn't receive a UK enquiry for several days, and by then deposit was paid. It seems the double rarity of notches never officially being sold there, and RHD made the £8K I sold for (fairly good money for a decent but not perfect early type 3 I thought) a relative bargain as I was offered more money for it by another chap after a sale was agreed.

All went smoothly sale and shipping wise, and it's now cruising the streets of LA, with shiny new rims, see below. It does look good in that unmistakable California light. Odd to see for me, but at least it won't rust anymore, and we know where it is, so you never know, it could always come back!

Selling for asking price also meant for me that I had enough money for my 356 project (main reason for sale) and some left over, so this meant I could buy another, cheaper, car as a driver. A mate was keen to shift a nice, but needing work, late square, so I wasn't long without a type 3! I'll post about that soon, as I think it's an interesting car, hope you will think so too.

James.

72 Square
64 356C

Editor

Re: Off to California

Post by Editor » 31st August 2015 - 12:55am

The USA Type 3 meeting is going to be held in Prescott, Az from Fri 16 to Sun 19 June 2016. We're hoping to go over for that. Maybe we'll see the car there.
Dave.

Havana Henry

Post by Havana Henry » 31st August 2015 - 2:34pm

I'll tell the new owner, it's around a 5 and a half hour drive I'd say from his location, so doable :)
72 Square
64 356C

Editor

Post by Editor » 1st September 2015 - 12:59am

Details about the event are on this website, in case he doesn't already know it. I'd be surprised if he's not yet on www.vwtype3.org .
http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2016Invasion/index.html
Dave.