Flat 4 Engine build for an air-boat on TV Tues 8 Sept. 9pm

Questions and general discussion on all things Type 3 & 4
Editor

Flat 4 Engine build for an air-boat on TV Tues 8 Sept. 9pm

Post by Editor » 4th September 2015 - 3:39pm

John Beever forwarded this note from a fellow Hants VWOC:-

In January this year I have a tentative email enquiry from a UK TV production company via my Judson Register website asking if I knew anyone in Brazil who could build a powerful VW engine. Obviously they had picked-up on my pictures I’d taken on our holiday to Brazil in 2004 whilst visiting my good VW friend Yel Feu.

This was the premise of the TV show…
“For our Brazilian-based episode, we have chosen the VW Beetle engine (Fusca) and our presenter will attempt to construct a flat bottom Airboat using the Fusca engine and testing it in ways it has never been tested before to celebrate its durability and flexibility along the Iguazu River to the Iguazu Falls.”

Well yes I did know someone…my mate Yel…speaks excellent English, builds big VW engines and used to live in Foz do Iguacu and has a huge number of contacts in the area they would be shooting…perfect.

The shooting of the episode went ahead and it finally gets to be screen here in the UK next Tuesday evening. Here’s a link for Quest TV’s promotional video to “Jimmy DeVille’s Engine Addict”…

https://youtu.be/e4jc-pr2DxA

As luck would have it, the VW Flat 4 is episode 1, Tuesday 8th September, 9pm… Sky channel 144, Virgin channel, 172, Freeview channel 37 (Quest, or 38 Quest+1).

Looks worth seeing - Ed
Dave.