carpet sets

Questions and general discussion on all things Type 3 & 4
fruitcakes

carpet sets

Post by fruitcakes » 27th May 2007 - 10:28pm

Hi everyone, i have brought my wife a 67 fasty which i am currently welding for an mot.
i do need to find a complete carpet set though, any ideas where to buy them and not too dear?????????

cheers mac

nitro_warrior

Post by nitro_warrior » 27th May 2007 - 11:06pm

The chap I bought my Fast back from said

"a quote from spirit of the fifties interiors of sub £500 for new seat covers front and back, new door cards, new headliner, and all new carpet including front and back luggage area's"

I don't know anymore than that though but it sounded quite reasonable. Not sure how much carpets on there own would be. I've not had much luck finding their details on the net (not looked very hard to be fair) so if anyone knows more I would be grateful.

Editor

Post by Editor » 28th May 2007 - 12:17am

They were at Stanford Hall.
The price list says from £550 for the seats recovered and door cards. Fastback headliner is £60; fitted from £250.
Seat covers are quoted 'from £200' for front and rear.
Unfitted I guess you might get it all for less than £500.

What they had looked decent.

http://www.spiritofthe50s.co.uk

nitro_warrior

Post by nitro_warrior » 28th May 2007 - 9:35am

Thanks editor, I was searching for "fifties" rather than "50s". I've also seen some good value carpets for sale on the American sites but as been discussed else where I don't know if it would be worth it after shipping and import tax.

Editor

Post by Editor » 28th May 2007 - 6:50pm

If you're looking for original look for classic concours, it might be worth the cost of USA stuff, though you have to be careful to order the right thing - eg seats tend to be high back, and the older low backs may not be the same pattern styles.

Dave.

BTJustice

Post by BTJustice » 30th May 2007 - 12:13pm

I got a full set of carpets from Spirit of the 50's for my razor edge. Cant remember what they cost but o I will try and dig out the receipt. I think it was around £150 but need to check.
Quality was superb.
Dave.
I will finish it some day!!

Rust free imports direct from California;

www.route9autos.co.uk

The west of Scotland VW club.

http://vwscotclub.co.uk/forum/

Editor

Carpets

Post by Editor » 30th May 2007 - 5:39pm

Spirit of the 50s say £80 for ribbed carpet and another £25 for loop pile. Website shows it edged in leatherette I think. £17.50 gets a rear luggage carpet too. I don't know if it fits Notch - does that have bits that stick into the rear boot that don't in the Fastback and Squareback?
All prices +VAT and P&P.

Web address higher up this thread.