drop spindles

Questions and general discussion on all things Type 3 & 4
Lee Scott

drop spindles

Post by Lee Scott » 26th April 2018 - 2:14pm

Hello all

I'm sure it's been posted before. I can't see in the search function though, Maybe I've missed it somewhere. I wonder if there are any current UK manufactures of drop spindles for the square. I want to just tuck in the wheels at the front. I'm not into slamming it, just drop another inch or so to give me that cal look I'm craving!

Any help would be great. Thanks. I don't want to cut off any bump stops or make it impossible to drive either. So I'm not looking at the type 1 front beam option. They need to be specific type 3 please. I know they do them in the states. Would like a UK option if at all possible.

Thanks again.

sparkywig

Re: drop spindles

Post by sparkywig » 26th April 2018 - 7:14pm

Alex at Transporterhaus is developing a prototype type 3 drop spindle, but no news on production dates at the moment.
The only way you can tuck the wheels in is fit a set with a better offset, or fit a narrowed type 1 beam.
You could always drop another spline on the front trailing arms.

broady_6

Re: drop spindles

Post by broady_6 » 26th April 2018 - 8:49pm

If its just a small ride height from you want, you will be able to drop the splines an inch from stock with out removing bump stops, ive done it. after that your heading for surgery. are you one pc or mobile? on pc the search function is at the to right of each page.

Try contacting a user called fastty, he has a narrowed type 3 beam which is perfectly usable. Though when you say tuck I assume your meaning hide the wheel in the top of the arch? Rather than moving laterally into the arch?
The sultan of swing