2 door type 412;s

Questions and general discussion on all things Type 3 & 4
tuna

2 door type 412;s

Post by tuna » 8th July 2005 - 11:29pm

dave do you know how many 2 door 412;s there are in uk . i know of one other in london and mine cheers / :roll: sean

widdy

Post by widdy » 11th July 2005 - 9:41am

As can be seen from my Sig, I owned one and the last I heard it was somewhere in the vicinity of Milnthorpe, Cumbria after being sold to Martin Booth.
Former owner of concours winning Marathon Blue 412 LE 2 door Saloon.

tuna

Post by tuna » 11th July 2005 - 3:37pm

i got some wings of a bloke in morcabe he had t4s volkstech . wonder if its same bloke.

widdy

Post by widdy » 12th July 2005 - 10:31am

I think these are two different people/companies, from what I can remember when we had cruise to Morecambe years ago their was a guy in a type 3 joined us.

The Guy I sold my 412 to was Martin Booth, and he had a garage in Milnthorpe, right next to the main railway line on the B6385 road towards Ackenthwaite. Would like to know if he is still there and if my old motor is still knocking around.

It is a bit far for me to check as I live on the south coast.
Former owner of concours winning Marathon Blue 412 LE 2 door Saloon.

Editor

2-door Type 4s

Post by Editor » 25th July 2005 - 9:28pm

I can count only two 412s with 2-doors recorded here, one is VIW 412 and the other has no number. 23 others don't have whether they are 2 or 4 door Sedans. How many of any Type 4 model still survive is a mystery too, and some of these must have been scrapped by now. The 2-door versions are certainly much rarer here.
Dave.

tuna

2 door 412

Post by tuna » 26th July 2005 - 8:58pm

my type412 2 door , chassis no 4132053738 engine no later reg ntc 492m 1 owner from new regerstered in preston . orig colour s green .

Danny Lord

Post by Danny Lord » 8th August 2005 - 6:01pm

Hi I have photo album full of type 4 pic's your welcome to have a look at them, I will be at Sussex VW show this Sunday, look out for my crap-look '72 Notch.

tuna

Post by tuna » 9th August 2005 - 12:42pm

danny sorry not going .to far for me seems all type 3 and 4 club stands only happen in the south . not in to shows any way to many queens.... into driving them not showing . cheers sean aka tuna :lol:

Editor

Southern bias in club activities?

Post by Editor » 11th August 2005 - 11:37am

It's always seemed a shame we haven't managed to get much going 'oop north'. The major shows tend to be in the middle or south-east, so they're 150 miles for me anyway, and our Cornish cousins can double that.

The Club has always offered support, free show passes etc for people able to do a stand at more distant events. It's uncommon to find someone able and willing to go all over the country with a club stand.
Anyone wanting to run a stand at Tatton Park, Scottish VW Festival (we've been represented at both in the past) or anywhere else will receive every encouragement possible.

Really, it isn't so much that 'club stands only happen in the south' but that 'only people in the south seem prepared to go to the effort to do something about it'.

It would be good to get stands at DubFreeze, Bodelwyddan, Tatton, Biggar, Cornwall, Santa Pod etc in 2006, but it only happens if someone helps. You need 2 or 3 who can share the time on the stand or no-one gets to see the show.

So, here's the challenge....
If you could borrow some sort of shelter, a table and a chair or two plus the odd noticeboard, I can send display stuff, banner and whatever else you can justify (What was that, a crate of beer?), and the club will cover admission and the plot.

manky ed

Post by manky ed » 13th August 2005 - 2:22pm

i suppose us northern lads could represent the club up here in 2006,if theres enough interest/helpers,im at tatton tomorrow with my local club,so i might put the word out to any type 3 & 4 owners to see if anyone would poss help,i saw a few type 3's last year. Due to living in manchester (waterworld!!,always raining)and leaky garage roof :cry: not even made a start on blug,depending on how far i get in the winter,and if hes on his wheels,i wouldd trailer him to these north west shows,if we were to do a stand?anyone interested,(if your going tomorrow tuna,ill be on the 1vw club stand with my daily,chilli red mk3 golf estate.b nice to have a chat! :D ).Even if theres just a couple of projects/rollin restos on the stand,it would still show the enthusiasm among us all nationwide to save our dubs!!!!!!whaddya think??????? :D
blug,blug,blug,blug,blug, thats his name!!!!!!

Editor

Northern Shows

Post by Editor » 17th August 2005 - 9:54pm

Sounds good to me. Usually more people want to talk about how to mend and restore their cars than admire the beautiful concours ones. You may find people offer some of the parts you will need, too.

andycoco

Re: Northern Shows

Post by andycoco » 19th October 2005 - 9:31pm

Editor wrote:Sounds good to me. Usually more people want to talk about how to mend and restore their cars than admire the beautiful concours ones. You may find people offer some of the parts you will need, too.
hi i just bougth a 2 door variant 412 le plymouth