Hi from newbe

Questions and general discussion on all things Type 3 & 4
Dantro

Hi from newbe

Post by Dantro » 23rd July 2011 - 3:00pm

Hi all, I'm after a bit of advice really. I currently own 2 T4s and 2 MK1 cabbys but am looking at selling the golfs and a T4 to fund a squareback. Could you advice me of what sort of cash I would be looking at spending for a early type 3, not fussed on paint condition as this can be sorted but would really like a rust free (as much as poss) car with out spending silly money.

Always wanted one of these and now I'm older and wiser with looks being more important than speed I thought it's about time I had some fun with an air cooled :nod:

Any advice on owning, running etc also very much appreciated, and one other question are they suitable to use as a daily driver as I would be looking at using it to go back and forth to uni each day which is a 60 mile round trip.

Paul Hayward

Re: Hi from newbe

Post by Paul Hayward » 23rd July 2011 - 10:25pm

WELCOME 8)

Type 3s are great for daily drives...i used my Notch Daily for 3 years most days ...only 25 miles though :lol: , Prices vary depending on year and condition although you can get lucky and pick up early squares for decent money

Mot d 3k up to £££££ few around to get a idea of prices

here is one that my friend needs to sell....its a later model ..still tax free though 8) he needs offers around the 1500 area, will need a bit of tlc for the Mot but not loads..have a look

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6417

Type 3s are so cool....you will enjoy them :D
Paul and Kat