New door cards

Questions and general discussion on all things Type 3 & 4
Kai

New door cards

Post by Kai » 2nd April 2013 - 10:30pm

Anybody know where I can buy some new door cards to suit a late shape notch?

Or am I to be forced down the road of reconditioning/remanufacturing a set?

I've still currently got some good door cards which I was going to recover. But I'm getting fed up with making bits for the car and just wanted to buy something that would fit for a change

Will be needing the door pulls too but ill cross the bridge when I get to it.

Danny Lord

Re: New door cards

Post by Danny Lord » 2nd April 2013 - 11:33pm

I got my seat covers and door cards from TMI via VW Heritage came to about £500 I think........

armrest, winder etc are the originals, I have my front door cards and one of the rears for sale (the other rear was bad in a bad way so got binned)
Got a Notch? www.facebook.com/groups/327056744047848/

Mark13

Post by Mark13 » 3rd April 2013 - 8:42pm

I just bought some door cards for the 68 square straight from TMI in the states. Well pleased with the quality.
They cost about £175 for front and back in vinyl and took about 5 weeks to arrive. Just remember the import tax when you go to collect them, that's another £50 !

Kai

Post by Kai » 3rd April 2013 - 10:23pm

Whoop whoop!! Thanks gents. I purchased a set today from vw heritage. Worked out at £280, I didn't anticipate spending a further £270 on the odds and sods that I purchased from there too. But at least ill have a single wipe function on my wiper stalks. That and plenty of new bits and pieces to compliment my new door cards.

Thank you again

s.unsworth

Post by s.unsworth » 23rd June 2013 - 9:44am

Got mine from Spirit of The 50s. Front Door Cards & Rear 1/4 Cards. I also got a Full Set of Carpets for the Variant and a Full Set for the `66 Beetle from them. Good quality stuff, made to order, choice of Colours, cut outs etc.

http://www.spiritofthe50s.co.uk/

I have contacted Spirit of the 50s this morning by text to get their permission to put this on the Club Site.

What they say is this :-
~ All our products are hand-made in house
~ We hold patterns for most VW interiors and carpet sets
~ Trim panels made to original VW spec, including welded designs
~ Original thickness panels, not cheap and flimsy like some of our competitors
~ We can retrim your seats from any vehicle by making a pattern from the existing covers
~ Dozens of colours and patterns available
~ Large variety of materials including vinyl, leather, even tweed

The nature of our work, especially custom work, makes it difficult to sell online. So Unfortunately we are not able to answer queries via email, but if you want some information or to discuss what we can do to finish that special project, just give us a call on :

tel: 01675 479775 or 07790 696984(m)

Kai

Post by Kai » 5th September 2013 - 9:55pm

Righto, after waiting 16 weeks for VW heritage to come up with the goods the truth was revealed and they hasn't ordered them. Apparently it's something to do with waiting until they have an order over £500 before they'll commit to ordering them.

My mates father is going to make me some. Bought some alcantara material which was cheap as chips. Just waiting for my golf door pockets to arrive then ill send everything off to get made up.

Editor

Post by Editor » 7th September 2013 - 2:03am

That's shabby Kai. At least they should have told you.
Dave.