Recent Purchase

Questions and general discussion on all things Type 3 & 4
Wireless

Recent Purchase

Post by Wireless » 17th February 2014 - 8:56pm

Happy and sad at the same time, I've been and fetched the 412 from South Wales, very pleased with it, but it's sad that it will be stripped for parts and the rest sold for scrap. I know Paul was very disappointed to sell it, and was considering taking it down the scrap yard, I couldn't let that happen. However, Paul knew that parts were hard to source, to keep these on the road, so I'm glad he was able to hang onto it for as long as he did.

I have to prepare a few things here, and wait for better weather, before I start taking it slowly to pieces, to store most parts in my shed for when I need them for my other 412. I'll have to spend some time working on the engine which will eventually be transferred into my existing 412, which currently has a 1700 out of a Bay.

Once the 1700 is out I'll be working on that, but it will eventually replace the 1600 in my Bay, so the purchase has a knock on to several projects over the next few years, ha.

Lucky I have a very understanding wife, ha.

Paul, you seem to have left a battery in the car, maybe we can exchange this when you're next up my way?

Just thought I'd share the good news with everyone.
73 de Wayne M5WJF

'73 Type 4 412 LS Variant (UK Reg '74)

bfr123

Re: Recent Purchase

Post by bfr123 » 17th February 2014 - 10:27pm

Hello mate,
I am still having problems with my heater and I have narrowed it down to a possible three components.

1st Regulator (situated in engine bay)
2nd Regulator (smaller one of the two) again, situated in engine bay
3rd Fuel pump to the heater

So, when you do get round to stripping it, let me know if you have these parts available for sale
Brian

1972 412 LE 2 Door Sedan (taxed tested used)
1979 VW Micro Bus (taxed tested used)
1975 VW Micro bus Auto (deluxe model with steel sliding sun roof) Just building it back up.

Wireless

Re: Recent Purchase

Post by Wireless » 18th February 2014 - 3:12pm

Sorry mate, I've not got an Auxiliary Heater in my current 412, the plan is to fit/repair whatever is in my recent purchase, which seems to be without a heater exhaust at the moment, so I don't even know whether it has a heater fitted yet.
73 de Wayne M5WJF

'73 Type 4 412 LS Variant (UK Reg '74)