Type 3 Windscreens

Post here for cars and parts
s.unsworth

Type 3 Windscreens

Post by s.unsworth » 3rd April 2024 - 8:15pm

Are Type 3 Windscreens readily available please, New or Good Used ? Still not got anyone to fit my replacement Metal Insert Trim to my Type 3 Windscreen. IRVs VW Restorations did not want to do it " in case the Windscreen cracked ".

Steve U

Danny Lord

Re: Type 3 Windscreens

Post by Danny Lord » 3rd April 2024 - 10:19pm

I have a couple of used ones for sale, £65 each. Located in Birmingham.
Got a Notch? www.facebook.com/groups/327056744047848/

s.unsworth

Post by s.unsworth » 4th April 2024 - 11:37am

Thank you. That`s good to know. I`ll have to see if I can persuade Paul ( IRVs VW Restorations ) that it would not matter if my Windscreen cracked trying to fit the Metal Insert Trim. Unless someone knows they can be fitted without taking the Windscreen out ?

Steve U

purplepeter

Post by purplepeter » 5th April 2024 - 8:44am

in the worst case scenario, New screens are available from Pilkingtons, but obviously Jolly expensive
If your guy is worried about the screen, why not sacrifice the rubber & cut it out with a stanley knife- Simon kelley has new seals
And No, the trim cant be fitted in-situ

Dave Summers

Post by Dave Summers » 7th April 2024 - 12:59pm

I've also got some s/h windscreens here in Inverness. I don't know where "up north" you are, but I'll be in Yorkshire next weekend and could bring one if you let me know in the next day or two.
Peter - do you know if Simon Kelley would have Type 4 seals?
Dave
412 Variant
411 2-door saloon

s.unsworth

Post by s.unsworth » 8th April 2024 - 2:50pm

The Windscreen Rubber is New. All the other Type 3 Window Seals and Trims are Original. They came out and went back in complete as they were. The Windscreen Rubber was very perished so I got a new one. Keith who painted it said it was my fault he damaged the Metal Insert trim because I wanted a New Rubber. I don't think it would have ever gone back in anyway.

s.unsworth

Post by s.unsworth » 8th April 2024 - 3:03pm

Dave Summers, We are in Cumbria ( Westmorland and Furness now ). How much would you want for a Type 3 Windscreen please ? Where in Yorkshire are you going ? Ingleton is 18 Miles along the A65 from here but there`s a lot more of Yorkshire to go at. We are up your way every October / November at Coylumbridge ( Aviemore ) and several times a year to visit my Aunty in St Andrews.

Steve U