Rubber seals

Come here to ask for technical help and advice
mawsy

Rubber seals

Post by mawsy » 19th October 2014 - 7:42pm

Hi there I have been doing a complete body off restoration on my 1972 Squera(bloody nightmare),I am almost finished knitting rust and am looking for all the rubber seals from Floor Pan to door seals, would appreciate any advice on the availibity or location of such rubbers. Will post photos of this nightmare when my son has time to punch the info into my skull, bit of a novice with this computer tub bins ,Cheers Mawsy.

Editor

Re: Rubber seals

Post by Editor » 20th October 2014 - 12:21am

VWISPWEST.com is a reasonable place to start, but they're in the USA, so shipping and import duty and VAT will bump the price up. Some stuff is available within Europe, and VW's own classic parts organisation may have some things - not sure about rubber seals though. Someone on here got some door seals recently from another site - can't remember who though. You may find it from a search on the forum (search menu is found on the top of each page).

http://www.deimosaircooled.com/products ... ndow-seals has some stuff that In2rust has bought. He's in a similar position.
Dave.

Chino

Post by Chino » 20th October 2014 - 8:32am

I believe they'd bought the Vewib ones Dave, which are a bit more expensive, I was interested to see what their thoughts were. Pretty sure Marko got some off a chap on ebay, who I believe supplies ISP West?

In2Rust

Post by In2Rust » 21st October 2014 - 6:57pm

Yes I got my door ones from Deimos air-cooled as it was a good deal, think they were from Vewib top quality not installed yet.

Recently got the rear tailgate rubber seal and some windscreen and rear screen rubbers in an order from Mario at T3HQ in Germany. They look like ISP products. they are ok. But pretty much all that is available.

Contact Mario as he is very helpful and may have items that you are looking for.
1969 Peru Green Squareback

Chino

Post by Chino » 22nd October 2014 - 11:50am

Search for notch1500 as a seller on ebay, it's a chap called Simon apparently who supplies the seals to ISP west, he's the guy who supplied them to Marko. I've got ISP West glass, bonnet, boot and door seals all round and they seem pretty good so far. They take the scrapers too.

Editor

Post by Editor » 22nd October 2014 - 4:55pm

Oops, forgot about Simon (notch1500)!
Dave.

Marko

Post by Marko » 26th October 2014 - 8:59pm

Chino wrote:Search for notch1500 as a seller on ebay, it's a chap called Simon apparently who supplies the seals to ISP west, he's the guy who supplied them to Marko. I've got ISP West glass, bonnet, boot and door seals all round and they seem pretty good so far. They take the scrapers too.
that is correct, for window rubbers anyway, not sure if he makes/supplies other seals..

Mark.
my 1968 Fastback Automatic build thread
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6896

Editor

Post by Editor » 28th October 2014 - 1:02am

He has some, but is building up the range as things become commercially viable.
Dave.