Window rubber trlm

Come here to ask for technical help and advice
mawsy

Window rubber trlm

Post by mawsy » 9th April 2016 - 4:44pm

Hi there am looking for a tool to lnstall the aluminium trim in my window rubbers on my type 3 square right hand drive square , any advice welcome. Found out after removing them it was not necessary to remove them cheers mawsy

purplepeter

Re: Window rubber trlm

Post by purplepeter » 9th April 2016 - 5:48pm

The tool doesn't work/isn't needed with Type 3's
Put glass in seal, then trim in seal, but leave out the joining piece. If You can't get the trim in unaided, get a gently curved chunk of Brake pipe & thread a string through it & use that to put string into the seal... push trim into seal whilst pulling string out.
Then it's the Normal string around seal to insert screen into the car
Soft soap can be used as a lube if needed...DON'T use washing up liquid- its full of salt which funnily enough isn't good for Your car!
Once everything's in place, put the joining piece into the seal

mawsy

Post by mawsy » 9th April 2016 - 8:08pm

Thanks for that will give it a try, sadly already used fairy liquid will flush out ,will post photos of car and restoration when my son has time, bit of a dinosaur with technology more used to hammers and stuff that's what 70 years on planet gives you. Car is 1972 rhd square total rot box when started lookin good now thanks again Mawsy

mawsy

Post by mawsy » 9th April 2016 - 8:26pm

Ps to the last post,already put glassin car will this work with Windows fitted cheers Mawsy

purplepeter

Post by purplepeter » 9th April 2016 - 10:28pm

No, I'm afraid not-VW trim/rubbers are designed so that the Trim locks the glass into place, so it has to be done in that order

mawsy

Post by mawsy » 10th April 2016 - 7:17pm

Bugger have to do it all again thanks for that cheers Mawsy