A few Questions Engine and interior

Come here to ask for technical help and advice
patina

A few Questions Engine and interior

Post by patina » 22nd May 2017 - 12:54pm

Hi getting ready for EBi Cruz over in my notch few things are bothering me leaks i cannot seem to get rid of simply
did a 40 mile run out last night had a few spots of engine oil from the dip stick flange on the bottom and also a couple from the push rod tubes probably the size of a 10 p coin
The gear box was put back together professionally and has leaked ever since which concerns me more !!! i obviously will top these up before i leave do you think im worrying over nothing

interior wheres best place to get a Notch interior ??

miketyp3

Re: A few Questions Engine and interior

Post by miketyp3 » 22nd May 2017 - 3:15pm

Its difficult to say, but owning a few older British motorcycles I take the view that at least it proves there's oil in there and when it stops leaking you worry!
It would be better to quantify the leak (i.e. miles / litre, hopefully not the other way round!) and carry enough to top up during your trip.
The dip stick tube flange is an easy fix once the oil is drained down, the push rods less so.
Where the drips are coming from isn't always where the leak is though as air passing under the car will blow the oil towards the back anyway.
Mike

64 1500S Notchback - RHD Sunroof
66 1600TL Fastback - Pigalle Interior
67 T346 Karmann Ghia - RHD Sunroof