advise for parts and lowering

Come here to ask for technical help and advice
gerrygerbil

advise for parts and lowering

Post by gerrygerbil » 24th May 2017 - 10:27pm

chrome window trim whats the profile off it . best place to buy . trim around door aperture push on what size . front bonnet badge . and advise on lowering have read about inner and outer splines looking to go 2 notches front 1 at rear . whats the best to lower inner or outer splines . and whats the right like if i go with 35 offset alloys or better staying with steels

wv321

Re: advise for parts and lowering

Post by wv321 » 15th August 2017 - 1:55am

About the chrome trims, I believe there is an existing thread for that. About lowering. I pal of mine installed an Airlift kit with his beetle. He bought the kit from this site then retro fit.
4WheelOnline

In2Rust

Post by In2Rust » 16th August 2017 - 5:10pm

I have good used windlace trim in black for around the doors, original bonnet badge, and also used trim for around the windscreen (this is always fragile and used is usually a bit twisted). Try and buy genuine whenever you can. Bits I have are all cheap or happy to trade for something I need.

Or you can buy new push on around the door trim in different colours from most trim supplies.

Lowering is straight forward and there are good threads on thesamba.com

Ride is good if you keep the type 3 beam.
1969 Peru Green Squareback

broady_6

Post by broady_6 » 21st August 2017 - 9:13pm

a spline is worth a huge amount. it is generally turning the inner spline in one direction and the outer spline in the opposite to index it down slowly.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68736
The sultan of swing

gerrygerbil

Post by gerrygerbil » 26th August 2017 - 9:51pm

lowered it today . rear was straight forward went up 1 spline . front read lots off threads confusing most off them they talk about a bolt that holds the torsion bar . stripped it removed the bolt and bracket that sits above the lower arm , pulled the arm out turned it two notches up same on the other side . is that correct