Fastback air filter

Come here to ask for technical help and advice
shauncwalsh

Fastback air filter

Post by shauncwalsh » 8th July 2017 - 5:37pm

Hi
My fastback has the standard oil bath air filter comprising 3 sections. The center section of oil bath and trunking to carburetors and 2 short sections immediately above the carbs. The sections are joined by rubber connectors which have perished and split.
Does anyone know where I can get replacements?

broady_6

Re: Fastback air filter

Post by broady_6 » 8th July 2017 - 8:17pm

I dont know of any replacements, but for mine ive just used some old inner tube, cut to side the bonded to form a loop, its worked for a good few years now.
The sultan of swing

Editor

Post by Editor » 9th July 2017 - 11:59pm

Typ3Konny was getting those remanufactured a while ago. They weren't quite identical, as the ribs originally were not solid, I don't know if he still has any. He has an ebay shop. He's not advertising them at the moment.
Unless you need it concours, the inner tube is a good alternative and lasts a few years before the petrol fumes kill them. I think wheel-barrow or trailer tubes are about right. 4.00 x 8? Get the tape out and check.
Dave.

shauncwalsh

Post by shauncwalsh » 14th July 2017 - 8:16am

Contacted typ3konny, he was very helpful. Replacement rubber joints are in the process of manufacture. in the meantime I degreased the old split ones with Cif Power and Shine kitchen cleaner, it worked better than proper engine degreaser! Then I covered them in Gorilla tape and it seems to have worked a treat, they don't even look too bad. Typ3konny also had some other parts I was looking for so thanks for the tip :D .

broady_6

Post by broady_6 » 14th July 2017 - 5:30pm

Cheers for the info, got my air filter out of storage today and one of mine has split! So ill contact the man too and order some :D Glad youre sorted
Last edited by broady_6 on 22nd July 2017 - 9:11am, edited 1 time in total.
The sultan of swing

shauncwalsh

Post by shauncwalsh » 19th July 2017 - 12:56pm

Apologies, it wasn't type3konny, it was type3 headqauters.
http://type3headquarter.de/
My memory is failing!