Engine carbs help

Come here to ask for technical help and advice
gerrygerbil

Engine carbs help

Post by gerrygerbil » 17th July 2017 - 9:03pm

I got two engine when I bought my square back the one I am fitting has balance pipes to the carb manifold is the correct set up . So lex 32 carbs . I have stripped down one engine for parts . And thought I could use the head off one off the carbs but they are different . And we're is the best place to buy a clutch plate . Also does the Bentley manuel give you all the details for pipe work ie exhaust . Air flow to engine . when I got the car the engine was out so starting from scratch and new to type 3 any help would be grateful

broady_6

Re: Engine carbs help

Post by broady_6 » 22nd July 2017 - 9:17am

A little difficult to understand but i shall try, Are you talking about carburetor tops, or cylinder heads? and what issue are you having?

The place doesnt really matter for buying a clutch, its the quality of the part that matters. Most VW parts suppliers offer "budget" and good quality prices. All you need to know is, do you need a 180mm or a 200mm?

A bentley would help you out a lot, but if you just read some threads on here, there are a lot of reference photos which will help you out
The sultan of swing

Editor

Post by Editor » 23rd July 2017 - 1:26am

Also there are quite a lot of exploded parts diagrams which can help work out what you're missing. I've got some on the technical website; go to http://home.clara.net/hallvw/type3/T3pbo/index.htm . Unfortunately I haven't scanned all of the photos in yet. There are other sites with parts book pics but you'll have to google search. TheSamba.com has a Type 3 section.
Dave.

gerrygerbil

Post by gerrygerbil » 23rd July 2017 - 5:06pm

Thanks sorry to confuse issues , it's a 32 solex carb top I require the bracket for the filter is broken off . I have some one on the forum sorting me out . I will look at the link you posted thanks graham