Posting Photos

Come here to ask for technical help and advice
s.unsworth

Posting Photos

Post by s.unsworth » 29th December 2018 - 1:08pm

Just wondering why Posting Photos is so complicated on here please ?

On the Audi A2 Owners Club ( A2OC ) I can just Click on the Icon same as the one above here, 9th from the Left, and it takes me to my Photos on my iPad or Phone.

Clicking that same Icon on here all that happens is this :- Image

broady_6

Re: Posting Photos

Post by broady_6 » 29th December 2018 - 4:00pm

I wouldn't say its complicated on here. Just requires a little effort.

I can only assume the Audi A2 club is well funded and can afford to buy a lot of server space. This means they can host the photos for you, unfortunately we cant afford that sort of space on the web. If I were to upload all of my photos from my build thread here.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3094

That would be our server space full, which is why we have to ask that you host your photos on third party sites like flickr and photobucket ect, sorry its not as straight forward as some other sites but I hope my explanation helps :)
The sultan of swing

937carrera

Post by 937carrera » 29th December 2018 - 9:27pm

Does the A2OC use the Tapatalk plugin. Photos are hosted by Tapatalk rather than on the forum server. I think Tapatalk must get revenues from the app purchase and/or serving ads onto peoples phones.

As you can see I don't use it, I believe it can be difficult to install for some boards too.
David
1974 412LS Variant
1973 412LE 4 door Fastback / Saloon

s.unsworth

Post by s.unsworth » 31st December 2018 - 9:10am

OK Thankyou

Couldn’t tell you how any of it works. That’s why I asked.

When I went to school the only Computer that existed was called Colossus and lived at Blexley Park !

No idea how the A2OC is funded, or run. The only other Car Club with which I am involved is Lakeland Historic Car Club ( LHCC ). That is run as a Limited Company. No idea why. We pay a yearly Membership Fee, as we did in the Type 3 & 4 Owners Club back when I first joined in 1986.