Water leaking into passenger football after washing.

Come here to ask for technical help and advice
kinga

Water leaking into passenger football after washing.

Post by kinga » 28th June 2020 - 6:21pm

Hi all.
Gave my 68 fastback a well-deserved wash this afternoon. Used a hose pipe but tried not to give it too much of a shower.
When I got into it a few minutes after finishing the wash, water was leaking into my passenger footwell, probably a quarter of a pint.
It looks like it was leaking from the scuttle area onto the top of my glove box, perhaps through the vent.
Took the glove box out to have a look, and there looks to be a plastic moulding underneath where the metal grill mesh sits under the vent holes in the scuttle.
All looked to be in good order and couldn't see any obvious leaks or signs of damage.
Any ideas?
Something blocked?

broady_6

Re: Water leaking into passenger football after washing.

Post by broady_6 » 28th June 2020 - 9:30pm

Standard issue, thread here with some details. Likely youve got rotten air defecltor

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=14482&p=67272&hili ... eak#p67272

Bit more here viewtopic.php?f=26&t=14193&p=65060&hili ... eak#p65060

And drain issues here viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3759&p=57882&hilit ... eak#p57882

Full search results for you to pick through if you need more info is here search.php?keywords=water+leak

Hope these help
The sultan of swing

kinga

Post by kinga » 29th June 2020 - 11:59am

Tnx Broady. Car is mint with no rust anywhere, so hoping it's just a blockage somewhere. I'll study your ok is in some detail and take a look as soon as I get a chance.
Tnx again .

kinga

Post by kinga » 11th July 2020 - 6:17pm

Got chance to have a look at this today...took the glove box out for better access, then took the drain tubes off the bottom of the plastic heater boxes ( if that's what they are called!) ...drivers side was clear..passenger side (the side that's leaking water) was completely blocked. Pushed my grabber tool down and cleared some mud out..blew through it and now it's clear..
Hopefully that has solved the problem...love a nice easy fix :)
Thanks again Broady!