Wiper motor mechanism help please

Come here to ask for technical help and advice
VEEMAN

Wiper motor mechanism help please

Post by VEEMAN » 8th September 2007 - 12:39am

I'm restoring an Covin 911 replica, and have been told that a type 3 wiper motor mechanism can be modded.
The point I wish to make is there a difference to which way the wiper blades go to an parking position. What I'm after is the wipers to park to the left when looking straight ahead on an RHD car.
I might have answered my own question really, and should be looking for an LHD setup.
So are these wiper motor mechanism hard to come across for an LHD?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers
Veeman

Editor

Post by Editor » 8th September 2007 - 10:22am

There are different parking directions in different years - pre-68, and '69 they are LHD and RHD, but '68 are same LHD/RHD (left parking?), and '70 is certainly left-hand parking all models and '71-on is right-hand, all models (LHD and RHD).

The arms etc are the same for LHD and RHD (though not from year to year).

Are you confused, too? :shock:

VEEMAN

Post by VEEMAN » 8th September 2007 - 11:55am

Right ! so what you are saying is I would be better off using 1970 models as they all left hand park.
Can an right hand motor be converted to left hand park then ?
Is there a different cog in the motor mechanism head that could be changed to allow it to be used in an LHD park motor.
How can RHD wiper arms and LHD arms be the same. Put it this way if you put the RHD arm onto a LHD configuration it will be upside down. Hope you get what I mean.
Can you give me a measurement please from centre to centre of the wiper spindle.
Great stuff on the info, that's much appreciated.
Well confused!!! it's my last name.
Cheers
Veeman