rubber wheelarch seal

Come here to ask for technical help and advice
aircoolsteve

rubber wheelarch seal

Post by aircoolsteve » 30th November 2005 - 11:23pm

can anyone tell me or show me the correct seal for the rear wheelarches on a type three please. also where i can get some.
also, there must be a rubber seal that sits on the top lip of the air scoops behind the rear wings. there were none on the car when i recieved it so i don't know what they look like.
i have replicated the inner wheelarches exactly as they were and i'm getting near to the time when i will need these seals. cheers...steve

Editor

Rear wheel arch trim

Post by Editor » 1st December 2005 - 2:46pm

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/doorseal.html section 288 is pretty much right for the rear inner wheel arch seal.

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/sponge.html SRS26 is close in section for the air-intake edges, but I couldn't guarantee they are right. Maybe they would send a short sample - can't think they would do sale or return, but you could ask. Otherwise the strips below on that page could be wrapped over the edgeand stuck.

aircoolsteve

Post by aircoolsteve » 1st December 2005 - 8:09pm

many thanks for the info. it just so happens that i have a woolies catalogue to hand! but no idea which product to buy!
looking hard for a driver's door rubber seal in any condition plus a bonnet seal. many thanks again....steve :D

Editor

Type 3 seals

Post by Editor » 3rd December 2005 - 5:20pm

Generally www.status-uk.co.uk can oblige. The only door seals that fit properly are somewhat expensive - think of £60 each side (seem to be sold as a pair). The bonnet rubbers are £25 - good value.
They are also available from USA sources, but shipping tends to be silly.

Angelo Amato

wheel arch seal

Post by Angelo Amato » 13th January 2006 - 12:02am

i bought some of the woolies 'mudflap' trim as close as you can get, lip a bit wider but better i guess. can't remember the number tho.

Matthew

Re: Rear wheel arch trim

Post by Matthew » 19th January 2006 - 9:56pm

Editor wrote:Maybe they would send a short sample
I emailed them ages ago, but didn't follow up - they said they can send samples. Don't know how much, but you'd only need and inch to check the profile.

Angelo Amato

samples

Post by Angelo Amato » 19th January 2006 - 10:34pm

YES they do send samples

Editor

Trim samples

Post by Editor » 19th January 2006 - 10:40pm

I'll try to get some if I get to the Clasic Car Show at Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallet, on 28/29 Jan.