1972 Fastback Floor Pans and engine?

Come here to ask for technical help and advice
J J

1972 Fastback Floor Pans and engine?

Post by J J » 14th December 2010 - 11:30am

Morning Everyone,

Im Jon and im new to the forum and will hopefully be getting my hands on a 1972 Fasty That ive seen up for restoration locally.

The Sufficient welding has been done to the chassis but the only thing left to do is the inner floor pans front and rear. Who supplies them? Im Going to dust off the welder and get them sorted. Imobile at the moment with a fractured ankle, so going to buy the bits to get it sorted for when im on my feet again (as football is off the cards for 6months)

Also Engine wise, it doesnt run, how difficult would you say it would be to rebuild myself or is it best left to the experts?

Thanks
From Mk1 1983 Golf Gti......To 1972 Fastback (hopfully)

purplepeter

Re: 1972 Fastback Floor Pans and engine?

Post by purplepeter » 14th December 2010 - 4:46pm

Floor pans: try here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4971&p=23670&hilit ... ans#p23670
Or here http://www.status-vw.co.uk/shop/
Or make your own/find someone who's breaking a car!

Engine question is as long as a piece of string really-depends on how good you are with engines!

corndog

Re: 1972 Fastback Floor Pans and engine?

Post by corndog » 14th December 2010 - 11:35pm

I'd check VW status are supplying decent pans, as the one i bought from them a year ago was utter crap!!! :thumbsdown: It didn't fit in any shape or form. I'm warning you now cuz no one warned me!!! :\

If you've just got holes here and there, by a cheaper beetle pan and mod bits of it, it worked for me :thumbsup: