Late Type 3 seats???

Come here to ask for technical help and advice
corndog

Late Type 3 seats???

Post by corndog » 15th February 2011 - 1:18am

My Square is a 73, it desperately needs new front seat covers, we're coming up to the 200,000 miles mark!

They are the three point seats, my question is are they the same as a beetle? they do look it but when I came to fit a beetle plastic side panel to one of the seats it was to short so i guess the mechanics are different but what about the covers?

If I have to get type 3 specific is there anywhere in the UK that supplies em? (not T£D ;) )

FASTY72

Re: Late Type 3 seats???

Post by FASTY72 » 15th February 2011 - 8:18am

I got TMI covers from Karmann konnection for mine. great fit good price when I got mine a few years back. shop around if you want TMI covers as the price varies a lot from supplier to supplier.
Hi My name is Paul...................... Fasty back together again !!!!!!!!!!

purplepeter

Post by purplepeter » 15th February 2011 - 9:48am

Send a pm to mattd,Ben !-he's got a set of very good used 3 point seats,and a car without 3 point fixings!

Editor

Post by Editor » 15th February 2011 - 1:03pm

Trouble with the TMI covers is they had high-backs and they don't seem geared up to supplying later fabric with low-back shape. Spirit might come up with some covers - they make them in the UK, I think.
Dave.

corndog

Post by corndog » 19th February 2011 - 4:01pm

cheers guys. I messaged Matt but nuthin back of yet, you got any other contact details for him Pete?

I've heard bad service from Spirit so don't really wanna go there. Still havent determined if 3 point T3 seats are the same shape as T1 seats :?: If they are
I could get some beetle front seat covers straight of the shelf :thumbsup:

Editor

Post by Editor » 19th February 2011 - 6:27pm

I'm pretty sure they're not - the car is wider so I don't see why the seats would be as small as Beetle ones. The seat cover sets I've seen advertised over the years have not had the same part number for Type 1 and Type 3.

Maybe people who've had good (or bad) service from Spirit will let us know the details - sometimes you only hear when things go wrong.
Dave.

veedweeb

Post by veedweeb » 21st February 2011 - 4:02pm

Editor wrote: Maybe people who've had good (or bad) service from Spirit will let us know the details - sometimes you only hear when things go wrong.
I got a carpet set from Spirit of the 50s, collected it at Dubfreeze last year. It fits well and looks good.

I'd certainly use them again for other stuff - no complaints here :)
Steve.

Club member 2268

1972 Squareback
1963 Turbo WBX powered Beetle
2000 Mexican Beetle 'Sedan Clasico'