jet in carb missing....what are the effects?

Come here to ask for technical help and advice
volkswalker

jet in carb missing....what are the effects?

Post by volkswalker » 23rd August 2011 - 9:19pm

when you look down the right hand side carb the two small brass jets that
fire the fuel down into the carb.....one of the brass jets is missing....
but the car runs great and goes like hell.... wanting to drive to action next weekend
and didnt weant to start delving etc in case i f##k something up...
i do have a spare carb with the jets so i could replace one of the brass jets??

should i just leave it 4 now and go 4 it after action.....?
undecided.... :roll:
we dont stop playing because we get old.... we get old because we stop playing

Editor

Re: jet in carb missing....what are the effects?

Post by Editor » 24th August 2011 - 3:15am

The twin carbs work well with their balance pipe - even with one carb not doing anything, as long as you're not trying to keep it idling. If it's the accelerator pump nozzle, acceleration and pick-up might be a bit sluggish. Look down in there and work the accelerator. There's the main jet outlet, but that's part of the casting I think. If there's another nozzle it may just be an overflow (I can't get to the carb book to check). I've not had problems with either. I think it's the accelerator pump nozzle that most often gets lost - it can go through the engine without causing problems, though I remember hearing of one that got stuck.
Dave.

volkswalker

Re: jet in carb missing....what are the effects?

Post by volkswalker » 24th August 2011 - 11:49pm

Editor wrote:The twin carbs work well with their balance pipe - even with one carb not doing anything, as long as you're not trying to keep it idling. If it's the accelerator pump nozzle, acceleration and pick-up might be a bit sluggish. Look down in there and work the accelerator. There's the main jet outlet, but that's part of the casting I think. If there's another nozzle it may just be an overflow (I can't get to the carb book to check). I've not had problems with either. I think it's the accelerator pump nozzle that most often gets lost - it can go through the engine without causing problems, though I remember hearing of one that got stuck.
cheers 4 the info...
i took it to my mechanic today and he reks its nowt to fuss..he played with the timing and carbs and has got
it running smoothest as hell!! better than ever!
action here we come!
we dont stop playing because we get old.... we get old because we stop playing