Rear panels notch/fasty

Come here to ask for technical help and advice
fastygaz

Rear panels notch/fasty

Post by fastygaz » 4th September 2013 - 2:52pm

Hi all,
Could someone please tell me whether or not notch and Fasty rear cards are the same as I ordered a new interior from TMI (avoid at all costs) in February and they've managed to deliver the wrong ones twice and are now telling me that they don't do fastback rear cards without the cut outs for armrests but they do notch ones without!!
I'm looking down the barrel of another 3 months with half an interior and no guaranteed solution, so any help would be very gratefully received!!
Thanks
Gaz
If it ain't King James it ain't bible y'all........

Editor

Re: Rear panels notch/fasty

Post by Editor » 5th September 2013 - 2:50am

I can't answer that particular question, but they did import Fastbacks into the USA and they would ALL have had centre arm-rests (de luxe trim). We didn't usually get the higher spec trim, particularly on later models.

Same thing will happen if you order seat covers - they always had high-backs from about '68 (2 versions) but it was only special order here. The rear Fasty cards will have the side cut-outs, and the seat covers will usually have the centre armrest, but as the Notch was never imported through dealers, all the Notches are private imports - maybe direct by US forces in Germany, or via Canada where the Notch was available - so can be basic or deluxe trim. Carpet sets of course are usually LHD versions, though they may have worked that one out by now!
Dave.

fastygaz

Post by fastygaz » 5th September 2013 - 5:34am

Thanks Dave, I sent pics of my front seats so they got them right and they have an option for no armrest in the back of the rear seat, so that's ok!!
They do notch rear cards without cut-outs for armrests, so I need to know whether or not they're the same shape so I can reorder those as replacements!!
Thanks
Gaz

Editor

Post by Editor » 7th September 2013 - 2:58am

The side panels without a slot for the armrest are listed for models 311 - 318 from '68 on in the Parts book. 311-314 are Fastbacks, 315-318 are Notchbacks, so I think you can order the plain Notch ones. I can't be sure whether the ashtray cut out will be one or both sides though - there are some listed for LHD. I've a feeling some only got ashtrays one side in the back.

Can't you ask them to put a Notch and Fastback, one on top of the other and check for you?

Part numbers are 315 867 043C and 044C.
Dave.

fastygaz

Post by fastygaz » 9th September 2013 - 11:09pm

Thanks again Dave,
The back of the rear seat was also delivered wrong as it seemed to be notched down the sides to clear the non existent side armrests (?) so are seat backs the same between notches and fasty's?!
Gaz

Editor

Post by Editor » 10th September 2013 - 2:09am

Yes, models 311-318 (Fastback and Notch) M237 part no. 315 885 805C (with colour codes after) is cover, rear seat backrest, leatherette, from chassis 316 000 001.

I suppose if they sent the Fastback side panels with armrests, they would have been daft to send the plain backrest cover.

Shame.
Dave.

fastygaz

Post by fastygaz » 10th September 2013 - 5:44am

Thanks for everything Dave, I'll get it all reordered!!
Gaz