Carpet sets

Come here to ask for technical help and advice
adamrush!

Carpet sets

Post by adamrush! » 9th October 2013 - 7:24pm

Is there somewhere in the uk that stock these? Or where is the best place to import from? I had one set from spirit but they can not get the right colour (dark brown)

Chino

Re: Carpet sets

Post by Chino » 5th January 2014 - 4:43pm

I'm looking into a set from Jbug in California, works out cheaper than a lot of the UK suppliers from what I've seen so far.

adamrush!

Post by adamrush! » 5th January 2014 - 10:54pm

Are they the tmi sets?

Chino

Post by Chino » 6th January 2014 - 10:54am

adamrush! wrote:Are they the tmi sets?
Possibly, I'm waiting to hear back off them. I'm calling Spirit of the 50's in a little while to get pricing, I'll update once I've done so.

Chino

Post by Chino » 7th January 2014 - 2:31pm

I contacted JBug but they cannot supply to UK. TMI will ship direct from the states. Type 2 detectives had some but they were expensive. I've ended up ordering black ones from Spirit of the 50's.

adamrush!

Post by adamrush! » 7th January 2014 - 8:51pm

Let me know what you think of the spirit ones

Chino

Post by Chino » 7th January 2014 - 9:59pm

They're due sometime next week, will keep you posted.

patina

Post by patina » 17th March 2014 - 12:02pm

hi there what was the spirit of the 50's carpet like im after a set

Marko

Post by Marko » 17th March 2014 - 3:35pm

patina wrote:hi there what was the spirit of the 50's carpet like im after a set
not bad quality but if you ask for front trunk liners or Fasty rear shelf carpet piece be aware they are for later Type 3's and don't fit early ones! when I challenged them about this the said they were all the same so as stuck with useless pieces of carpet, not very good customer care to be honest but like I said the basic carpet sets are OK.
my 1968 Fastback Automatic build thread
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6896

Chino

Post by Chino » 18th March 2014 - 3:18pm

Apologies, I'm yet to fit mine as I only got the headliner in this last week. From what I've seen of my set it looks to be alright. Did you manage to trim your front trunk set to shape in the end Marko?

Marko

Post by Marko » 18th March 2014 - 3:20pm

Chino wrote:Apologies, I'm yet to fit mine as I only got the headliner in this last week. From what I've seen of my set it looks to be alright. Did you manage to trim your front trunk set to shape in the end Marko?
no, the front trunk an early is completely different to a late one! I used the material to trim the rear boot out instead..
my 1968 Fastback Automatic build thread
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6896

Chino

Post by Chino » 18th March 2014 - 3:29pm

Marko wrote:
Chino wrote:Apologies, I'm yet to fit mine as I only got the headliner in this last week. From what I've seen of my set it looks to be alright. Did you manage to trim your front trunk set to shape in the end Marko?
no, the front trunk an early is completely different to a late one! I used the material to trim the rear boot out instead..
I'll be sorting mine out at some point, I appear to have someones DIY effort with a piece of old carpet lining mine at the moment! lol I had my rear shelf trimmed in black velour when I got my headlining done and I've cleaned up (as best I can), the original boot lining.

Chino

Post by Chino » 29th May 2014 - 3:43pm

The carpets from Spirit of the 50's finally went in today:

Creationblue

Post by Creationblue » 29th May 2014 - 11:06pm

Nice, will be doing mine next week
Way out west

http://cjmotors.info

http://www.solutionselectrical.co.uk

'67 Square
'70 Earlybay

Chino

Post by Chino » 30th May 2014 - 12:12am

Only took us 5 months to get round to fitting lol

FASTY72

Post by FASTY72 » 12th April 2015 - 12:39pm

Hi Chino,
Trying to finish off my interior at the moment. Are the carpets you got from Spirit ok ? How long did they take to come from when you ordered them ? I am waiting for some samples from them at the moment but they are taking a while to come. :cry:
Hi My name is Paul...................... Fasty back together again !!!!!!!!!!

Chino

Post by Chino » 12th April 2015 - 8:55pm

Think they took a couple of weeks as made to order. They're not bad, but not a perfect fit in my '71, I'll grab a pic to show what I mean next time I've got the car out. Overall for what I paid im pretty happy with them. In2Rust on here is a trimmer, might be worth pinging him a message to see if he can do something?

FASTY72

Post by FASTY72 » 20th April 2015 - 6:44am

Thanks Chino. In2rust you have PM........
Hi My name is Paul...................... Fasty back together again !!!!!!!!!!

Chino

Post by Chino » 4th May 2015 - 6:45pm

Just following up on what I said above, these are the Spirit of the 50's carpets, it could be due to the extra thick underfelt I've used/fitting error, but I found them a bit tight around these areas:

Editor

Post by Editor » 5th May 2015 - 1:42am

That should fit into the corner better than that. Did you get a chance to speak to them at Stanford Hall about it?
The basic UK trim had fairly thin carpeting, but the FI ones had loop pile carpet. Both used the U-section trim strip around the door opening to hold the edge taping in place, which in turn is clamped by the bulged ends of the sill trim plate. Your trim strip looks a bit short.

I suppose the padding behind would make some difference, but that does look too tight. Are there footwell heater openings in the carpet? I would hope to see those or you won't get any heat out at foot level.
Dave.

Chino

Post by Chino » 5th May 2015 - 8:46am

Editor wrote:That should fit into the corner better than that. Did you get a chance to speak to them at Stanford Hall about it?
The basic UK trim had fairly thin carpeting, but the FI ones had loop pile carpet. Both used the U-section trim strip around the door opening to hold the edge taping in place, which in turn is clamped by the bulged ends of the sill trim plate. Your trim strip looks a bit short.

I suppose the padding behind would make some difference, but that does look too tight. Are there footwell heater openings in the carpet? I would hope to see those or you won't get any heat out at foot level.
I didn't unfortunately, although I will make sure to keep my eyes open for them at future shows. I'm going to fiddle with the carpets some more,they do not have the outlets for the heaters, however, the rubbers from my original carpets for the heater outlets look serviceable(I've still got them all in the shed), so I may see if my talented other half can transplant them for me.