More gauge problems - Dash lights

Just for 411 and 412 stuff.
mrtwittwoo

More gauge problems - Dash lights

Post by mrtwittwoo » 1st October 2009 - 1:01pm

Seeing the last topic reminded me that none of the dash lights work on my 412. It seems a bit of a coincidence for all the bulbs to have gone (although this might have happened over time). Everything else electrical seems to work (apart from the rear demister). Does anyone know what fuse the dash lights are on, or if there is another obvious potential solution?

Thanks
Stephen

shawn71

Post by shawn71 » 1st October 2009 - 5:42pm

The first thing is pretty obvious, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but it is something as silly as the dash lights are dimmed down via the headlight switch which twist to dim the dash lights?

Assuming that isn't the problem then I'll have to go and dig the Haynes manual for the fuses info

kps70

Post by kps70 » 1st October 2009 - 6:46pm

I think there's a striped lead that links to all the bulbs (red and grey? from memory) and a break in that would cause a failure. Good luck, once you take the dash apart on these, you'll usually spot evidence of 40 years of bodged electrics!
Kieron
Kieron

shawn71

Post by shawn71 » 1st October 2009 - 7:03pm

kps70 wrote:I think there's a striped lead that links to all the bulbs (red and grey? from memory) and a break in that would cause a failure. Good luck, once you take the dash apart on these, you'll usually spot evidence of 40 years of bodged electrics!
Kieron
and I'm guilty as the next guy of adding my own bit of bodge to rectify other bodges :badgrin: