Injection issues

Just for 411 and 412 stuff.
adi #2

Injection issues

Post by adi #2 » 7th October 2009 - 10:28pm

My 411 is being wierd, and since i hate injection systems and know nothing about them (it has no carbs...sacrilege!!!) i dont know whats up with it.

When starting from cold, it runs real crap, wouldnt rev, wouldnt idle, just...you have yo keep your foot exactly on the right spot on the gas pedal, to keep the engine from stalling, if you give it any more gas it will die, and any less gas it will die.

Then, about...say...90 seconds later, it suddenly starts running normal. As if the injection system moves from one mode to another. Its definitely instantaneous, literally goes from crap-running mode to ok running mode. I guess its the injection system going from cold starting mode to normal mode?

I also noticed that the cold start 5th injector has been disconnected, and the wires for it have disappeared.

I know on Bosch systems its a common mod to disconnect the 5th injector, as its not needed in warmer countries, but would this have this effect?

Once it warms up its totally fine.

Any ideas? I would reconnect the cold start injector...if i could find where its wiring is!
Death to FF!