Brake caliper rebuild

Just for 411 and 412 stuff.
jonny rock

Brake caliper rebuild

Post by jonny rock » 4th August 2013 - 2:55pm

Hi all, it's been awhile since I was last on the forum.

Have spent the last 14/16 months repairing/rebuilding and swearing at my 411LE. Some of you will know my car as 'Ebbie' who I got from Bryan and Jane at Volksfarmers maybe 3 years ago now.

I have just had the calipers rebuilt by a company in Worcester called Bigg Red. http://www.biggred.co.uk/

Excellent job and I am very happy. £120 for the pair and they are like new. Best £120 I think Iv spent knowing that they actually work properly.

Ebbie's been off the road for roughly 14 months and I will be putting her in for an MOT in about a week or so with any luck, can't wait absolutely gagging to let rip...!

As I have no garage I have had to make do with a make shift 'Tarp garage' and with the weather last year sort of killed any decent work time. Hence why its taken sooooo long.

I was not in the position cash wise to pay for a proper spray so have used rustoleum and she's been rollered...!

Sneaky pic [img][IMG]http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y43 ... deedba.jpg[/img][/img]

I will up load many more photos when done
Not far off now.

Hope the caliper info is of some use to you all.

Cheers, Jon

shawn71

Re: Brake caliper rebuild

Post by shawn71 » 6th August 2013 - 7:49pm

That picture is only a tease, I would like to see more....
'70VW 411LE 2 Door Saloon, '71 Beetle and '78 Late bay

jonny rock

Re: Brake caliper rebuild

Post by jonny rock » 6th August 2013 - 8:39pm

Easy Shawn. :D

Just waiting for the agreed valuation to be confirmed. Then the MOT. Hopefully fly through. finger crossed.

Then I'll up load more photos.

After about 16 months without a proper drive, just shuffling about on the driveway, a few more days waiting for the insurance is a breeze.

But bugger 'I AS SO EXCITED' ............

Cheers, Jon