Berks/Ox/Hamps/Bucks meet?

Where to go to see Type 3 and Type 4 VWs
NickBab

Berks/Ox/Hamps/Bucks meet?

Post by NickBab » 28th June 2013 - 9:02am

Anyone else in the Berkshire / Hampshire / Oxfordshire / Bucks area? I'm still new to the Type 3 scene and it would be good to meet others to discuss what you've done to your cars etc.

Anyone up for a local meet? I'm happy to help organise if anyone's interested. Or if there's already a regular meet I'd appreciate if someone can give details as I couldn't find anything by searching.

Nick

purplepeter

Re: Berks/Ox/Hamps/Bucks meet?

Post by purplepeter » 28th June 2013 - 10:41am

There aren't really any Type 3 specific meets, as there aren't that many cars still alive in UK ,But You will find us at a show sometime-Next one in Your kind of area I think is Beachbuggin, in Southsea on 11th August.

Other than that, There are general aircooled clubs in those areas..London&Thames valley vwoc, Oxdubs, Damage, Aircooled monkeys So you might occasionally find a type 3 amongst them

Editor

Post by Editor » 28th June 2013 - 1:48pm

No reason for waiting for a special event to turn up - organise one! Type 3 Flash mob anyone?

You just need a local pub or venue, and put it on here.

I had in mind a gathering at Atwell-Wilson motor museum near Calne in Wiltshire. Handy for M4. Not too far from London, S Wales, S Midlands areas, and something else to look at. I plan to do a recce soon.
Dave.

miketyp3

Post by miketyp3 » 28th June 2013 - 5:12pm

Count me in Dave, I would be up for that!
I'm not far from North Bucks border, Hampshire seems a long way away, but would be interested in meeting up.
Mike
Mike

64 1500S Notchback - RHD Sunroof
66 1600TL Fastback - Pigalle Interior
67 T346 Karmann Ghia - RHD Sunroof

NickBab

Post by NickBab » 28th June 2013 - 9:17pm

I already belong to a local VW club, but no Type 3's unfortunately.

I like the idea of the flash mob Dave. Here goes a suggestion:

July 28th AM - Hartley Wintney, North Hampshire, RG27 8AE. Not far from the M3 and M4.

There's a regular informal classic car meet there and I'm sure they'd be OK us asking for a corner of the car park for Type 3's and 4's. Maybe have a cruise out to a local country pub for lunch after the meet.

Let me know if anyone's interested.

Details of the classic car meet: http://www.whitelionantiques.co.uk/clas ... -meetings/ . Looks like they get some nice cars there.

Sean 65 notch

Post by Sean 65 notch » 30th June 2013 - 10:33pm

As long as my notch is running nice by then I would be up for a meet, would be good to have a little meet up with some other type 3 (there is never enough about apart from ebi)
Sean 65 1500s