My Fastback from Perth Australia UPDATE!

Post your Type 3 Photo URLs here
manchesterdaz

My Fastback from Perth Australia UPDATE!

Post by manchesterdaz » 17th October 2008 - 2:42pm

UPDATE - I'm going to be selling my Type 3 soon as I'm planning to move! If anyone's interested please message me, cheers & Happy New Year!

Hi all,

I've just joined, from Perth Australia! Here's a few pics of my cool Australia made Fastback. She's all original with Aussie badges, rear shade, original radio and original ratty paint.

My Fastback really solid, nippy, totally reliable and my daily drive! She was in the York car museum over here for 10 years, so if you've visited there, you may have a few pics! If you have any, I would love to see some photos of her in the museum, that would be cool!!!

I've been here from the UK now for 3 years, and I'm really missing the UK scene, would love to take her to a full season of shows, yeahhhhh!!!

Check out the rego number, haha!

Hope you like her!
Cheers
Daz

Last edited by manchesterdaz on 3rd January 2009 - 2:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

Editor

Post by Editor » 17th October 2008 - 4:56pm

Interesting - looks late with the black gauges and 72-on steering wheel. Does it have chrome or painted flasher housings?
Do you know if it was a CKD (completely knocked down) kit, substantially the same as the German production, or from Australian-pressed panels?

I think the original paint with patina is better than over-glossy new paint any day! Of course, that's just while mine still has some of its original paint!

Welcome to the forum.
Dave.

Danny Lord

Post by Danny Lord » 17th October 2008 - 6:08pm

Cool fasty, love the Type 3 stripe thing down the side 8)

welcome to the forum :)

Danny.
Got a Notch? www.facebook.com/groups/327056744047848/

easy

Post by easy » 18th October 2008 - 11:59am

hello and welcome 8)
Chrome doesnt get you home...

shawn71

Post by shawn71 » 18th October 2008 - 7:54pm

Seen the number plate :shock:

It is truly the devil's car :lol:

manchesterdaz

Post by manchesterdaz » 19th October 2008 - 3:11am

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your replies, great to hear you like my Fasty!!!

Editor Dave - I’ll have to do a bit of research, but I do think that the cars where made here with CKD’s. It’s a 1972 model and does have some Australian only badges to the front and the type 3 stripe came with the car from new too. I’ve just checked the flasher housings and they are painted.
I’m a big fan of original paint with patina, even if there’s only a bit of it left on the car ;-)

Danny Lord - Cheers mate, glad you like it! The stripes cool hey! I’ve not seen many Type 3’s with that still on, there’s a Squareback knocking about with the same stripes, I’ll have to take a pic when I see it next.

Easy - Cheers for that, it’s great to be here!

Shawn71 - Hahahaha, it’s great hey, and that’s the original plate too, not a private number, cool!!! It gets a few looks, a real head turner, just like in the Exorcist haha!

miketyp3

Post by miketyp3 » 7th November 2008 - 10:06am

Yes, Austrailian Type 3's from 70 were CKD, but some parts like the Gauges (notice that they are different to European cars) the interior and some other ancillary parts like wiper arms and distributors were locally made.
I have a Austrailian parts book, which is a normal one with a suppliment at the front with all the locally made parts.
It also has all the paint colours and interior codes (again particular to Aus cars) If you need any info from it just ask, it is a 71 book though.

Before 1970 all cars were manufactured from scratch, but the design was basically frozen at the 1964 model year (the year it started) and there were all the "N" model (single carb - less trim). I'm not sure if the range included a Fastback then, but if so it would have been 5 stud / drum braked.

Mike.

manchesterdaz

Post by manchesterdaz » 3rd December 2008 - 3:56am

Hi Mike,
Thanks so much for the info, it's great to know more about my Fastback!
Cheers mate!
Darren