editor mentioned me im new2 hi evry1

Post your Type 3 Photo URLs here
kyle

editor mentioned me im new2 hi evry1

Post by kyle » 5th May 2009 - 1:32am

yeah rr silver shadow on the rear and silver spirit up front ill take some more detailed pix if theres interest (reply ur opinions please!!!) but here we go
[img][img]http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv12 ... C00094.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv12 ... C00093.jpg[/img]img]
they are too long so as i was wheeling them up and jennying the edge over i faded it out to suit but the main objective was to not lose any of the shapes or lines and not be too over the top so it looked like a factory mod. i jus bought my fasty n saw a white or cream notch in a mag n (i kinda wanna b a designer) i liked it cus of the norrowed beam at the time it supposidly the only t3 with 1. i got images n started drawing on the thing n that gave me the idea. i didnt wanna put a t1 beam on cus its nowhere near as nice a ride, i didnt have the money to buy 1, didnt want problems modding everything if i did list goes on as u no! (hassle!) i was only 18 goin on 19 so i was still an apprentice so i wanted to also impress my boss n get him to giv me some lee-way get more challenging job to further myself but anyways i had a word wid my boss gev him £12.50 for the sheet of steel n i used all the jigs (cus they made classic car panels) made them and stitch welded them on with a proper stitch welder(kinda like a spot welder but it kinda planishes the weld into the panel at the same time) i impressed him n he told me so but u get used as an apprentice so all the crap came to me still! lol. it still aint finished
67 fastback
65 bug
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!

Editor

Post by Editor » 5th May 2009 - 1:39am

You've made a very nice job of them - well done!

Now about those repair panels we all want..... :lol:
Dave.

kyle

Post by kyle » 5th May 2009 - 1:03pm

repair panels?!!!! haa haa :lol: whats is there in demand? i aint actually workin cus i hav fits n my meds aint quite right yet so i cant drive for a yr which will b about march so i'll b able to drive my 2 cars again :( till then. but i need to do something so if i could start something like repair panels or repairing panels i would like to do cus i love what i did. i was making complete e-type jag bonnets and spyker body work but as i sed i aint worked 4 about a yr and a half but jus tried to do as much work as i could on my own cars to keep my hand in the game. i no i can do the fitting of repair panels its just makin them from scratch at the mo but i want info im sure i could do better prices than t3d!!!!!!!!
67 fastback
65 bug
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!

kyle

Post by kyle » 5th May 2009 - 1:32pm

oh heres an example of my work all handmade from flat sheetmetal
[img][img]http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv12 ... age032.jpg[/img][/img]
from flat to that and then from the above to the next pic
[img][img]http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv12 ... e015-1.jpg[/img]
and the finshed car see spykercars.com for better pix
[img][img]http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv12 ... ge006a.jpg[/img][/img]
67 fastback
65 bug
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!

easy

Post by easy » 5th May 2009 - 2:16pm

That is top work on those panels dood!! you are a very skilled chap for sure! 8)
Chrome doesnt get you home...

kyle

Post by kyle » 5th May 2009 - 2:17pm

cheers m8!! 8)
67 fastback
65 bug
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!

easy

Post by easy » 5th May 2009 - 2:21pm

Really no problem, credit where credit is due! you should definately make up some type 3 panels, you will certainly earn a few quid! My front valance inner and outer is a tad knackered at the bottom like most. Difficult bits to find a replacement of ;) If you asked around on here, im sure you could get a list of panels that people want and off you go! :D

MatthewT

Post by MatthewT » 5th May 2009 - 9:18pm

Hey Kyle,
I'm new here too! I love the colour of your car! Great work, I agree with easy, you would be onto a winner!!
Matt

Editor

Post by Editor » 5th May 2009 - 10:56pm

That's very impressive work, Kyle.
Sorry to hear of your troubles - hope it all turns out well soon.

The front bumper mount panels, front valance esp the lower area, and the spare wheel well support panel would be a good start.

The front inner wings rust where the outer reinforcing panel is attached to them, and the later airbox that sticks out into the front luggage area could do with a repair panel.

Under the back seat around the seat-belt outer mountings, and the heater channel front end with outlet vents is often a rusty mess. Outer sills are still available from time to time.

The rear wing lower closing panel is often rotted out, and the rear bumper mounts.

Most of the other areas are covered by outer panels so can be repaired without the need to also look good.

If yours is good everywhere, you're very lucky. Some of the older ones are better metal than the later, and you may not have the under-wing reinforcement that causes such trouble to the front inner wing.

If you're serious about it, maybe it's worth doing a poll to see which areas to start on.
Dave.

kyle

Post by kyle » 5th May 2009 - 11:26pm

cheers dave. so is this all t3? it seems as u say its the later models are more prone to that devilish thing called rust!

the rear wing lower closing panel is that the bit underneath right at the back?

the bumper mounts? is it the actual mount or do i do the panel with the mount fixed to it?

i aint had a proper look to see what i could do n how to do them but i rekon after i get a front valence and make the jig for them i'll be knockin them out

what about bottom 6'' of the door skins even the full skin
67 fastback
65 bug
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!

kyle

Post by kyle » 5th May 2009 - 11:57pm

i hated the colour! its vw la3b i was gonna do it silver cus i was gonna custom it more but my dad told me i wasnt allowed 2 change it ( i am actually scared or him :lol: ) but now ive seen it im glad! all i need 2 do now is get new front and rear window rubbers so i can sort my interior out its not bad but i want my dash, headlining, seats and door cards a nice tan colour to go with the red carpet im gonna get and put the 17'' rims i got 4 it on somehow!so still a bit of work 2 do but its jus funds at the mo (like always) credit crunch!!!
67 fastback
65 bug
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!

easy

Post by easy » 6th May 2009 - 8:56am

dood! anything around the front valance inner and outer is alwaya a pain, go for it! i will be willing to shower you with gold! 8)