New members 411le Variant

Post your Type 4 Photo URLs here
markthehat

Re: New members 411le Variant

Post by markthehat » 19th October 2010 - 5:22pm

yours is sitting nice and low, any chance of any info or photo's as i need a step ladder to reach the roof of mine!!!

The Dutch Bloke

Post by The Dutch Bloke » 13th January 2011 - 11:52am

That is sweet as........ How did you get it so low?
Wham Slam Thank You Ma'am

ARCANE

Post by ARCANE » 13th January 2011 - 4:06pm

Right firstly I must say I did not lower this car myself it was done by the previous owner so not 100% on the finer details, but it has had chopped standard 411 springs on the rear and it currently has lowered Golf gti springs on the front! Now this is not a recomendation that I would suggest as the Golf springs look like they are out of a Bic pen in comparison to 411 springs, so I will be replacing the fronts with BMW E30 lowered springs untill I can afford to take it to a profesional like T2D to get a proper wacking with the lowering stick. The biggest problem with lowering 411 & 412 is you put alot of stress on the lower ball joints and they will eventually fail and will need replacing, which is like trying to find rocking horse shit! :lol: So again later on I will be looking at changing the whole front undercarrage, either some radical mods or a complete unit from a car with more readly spare parts but again this will be done by the professionals. :D

Cheers Mart
"A BLIND MAN WOULD BE GLAD TO SEE IT"

WWW.DBS-VW.CO.UK

WWW.CTTP.CO.UK

The Dutch Bloke

Post by The Dutch Bloke » 13th January 2011 - 8:11pm

Cheers, looks ace tho.
I haven't got a Type 4 yet, but will be getting one as we are back in the Netherlands. And this will be my toy (family cruiser too) but I want it low and it has to be a Type 4. There are a few Classic VW garages near where we're going to live, Kieft en Klok (my brother works there) and Hot Rod so I berter get in touch with them to see if they can help out.

Cheers again, I like low but it needs to be able to go for quite a while as well.
Wham Slam Thank You Ma'am

ARCANE

Post by ARCANE » 14th January 2011 - 9:17am

Good luck I hope you find a good un you will find this site of great value and also try Shoptalk as there is alot of tech info on there;

http://www.shoptalkforums.net/index.php ... 41243f02c6

All the best

Cheers Mart :D
"A BLIND MAN WOULD BE GLAD TO SEE IT"

WWW.DBS-VW.CO.UK

WWW.CTTP.CO.UK