A sincere congradulations to all my European cousins...

For Type 3 and 4 restoration projects, interesting history, adventure trips etc
vwfye

A sincere congradulations to all my European cousins...

Post by vwfye » 9th June 2015 - 5:12am

Every time I see your projects and what you have to go through to be legally roadworthy is amazing! I'll be honest, I would not be in this hobby if I had to do all that you do.
You have my utmost respect! :thumbsup:
64 No'back Speedster
Little Giant Killer III
------

Editor

Re: A sincere congradulations to all my European cousins...

Post by Editor » 9th June 2015 - 12:07pm

I also find what our members achieve very impressive - I wish I had half the energy and skill they show with their projects. As far as legally roadworthy, we have it easy compared with Germany, where fitting different wheels is not that straightforward!
I must get my '59 Beetle back together - it won't need an annual inspection now as they've removed that requirement for pre-60s vehicles.

Still, it takes all sorts, and your adventures with big carbs and turbos are well worthy of respect, Brian.
Dave.

vwfye

Post by vwfye » 6th May 2019 - 4:22am

Just a re-reminder from the left side of the pond... You guys and MOT rock! Heck, I'd be ticked if I had to deal with emissions.
64 No'back Speedster
Little Giant Killer III
------

broady_6

Post by broady_6 » 8th May 2019 - 7:56am

Much the same to the both of you gents! Your knowledge and patients far out weigh my own. I dont envy the other nations with thier strict road worthiness laws. Our relaxed even further last year with the MOT excemption now being a rolling 40 years. Much like the road tax relief.

I way well come knocking later this year brian as I will be adding some well directed wind to my engines intake system too.
The sultan of swing