Sexy squareback!

For Type 3 and 4 restoration projects, interesting history, adventure trips etc
BDP

Sexy squareback!

Post by BDP » 29th October 2016 - 5:42pm

Right first off Hello :unibrow:

Names Will I own and run blastingdiepast which is a restoration company in Bristol, if you would like to see what we do please have a look either on Facebook... www.facebook.com/blastingdiepast or our website www.blastingdiepast.com anyway I'm not here to promote the business just to show you my own squareback project.

Here she is!

Found for sale on vzi in Gloucestershire by an owner who sadly didn't do it much in favour when they worked on it, mainly cutting panels and leaving it to rust.

Anyway a quick wash first!

Secondly I know it has issues, lots of seam sealer and pigeon welding on all repairs so there is only one way to go.

After a light strip down it's time to brace the shell.

Remove body from chassis

Blast everything

Now it's time to find or make panels, hopefully we can get some cuts but if not I have have a few tools to make what we need.

purplepeter

Re: Sexy squareback!

Post by purplepeter » 29th October 2016 - 6:15pm

Welcome!
As mentioned on Facebook, Make contact with Simon Kelley for all of Your Type 3 Rubber needs!
The chap Who's got a recovery truck in clutton & Has been selling lots of stuff in the last couple of Years might be worth speaking to (Sorry, I can't think of His name at the mo), But failing that, I'm in Bath & Dave our Editor is in pensford, So theres local knowledge if You need Guidance/moral support!

BDP

Post by BDP » 29th October 2016 - 6:29pm

Ah Dave is it, always get told of type 3's in pensford, I'm in Clutton which is the next town down.

Editor

Post by Editor » 31st October 2016 - 1:40am

Could be mutually advantageous! Welcome to the forum, Will. I'm sure we'll meet up soon.
Dave.

Chino

Post by Chino » 31st October 2016 - 10:40am

Welcome Will, from another Will :) I look forward to following your progress!

BDP

Post by BDP » 31st October 2016 - 8:36pm

Hello!

So here is what I have to deal with....

I love rust and rot... normally because it means work, on my own vehicles it's just more time to fix.

Rear valance is quite nice tho

Issues to come...

While removing the body the rear body to chassis mount was just full of rust so much you could not see the bolt......