my new notch

For Type 3 and 4 restoration projects, interesting history, adventure trips etc
Paul Hayward

my new notch

Post by Paul Hayward » 8th April 2007 - 5:05pm

IMG]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q257 ... cys159.jpg[/IMG]

Hi guys n gals ......... i ..think.. im gettin the hang of postin picys at last!!

Our new notch we got a week or 2 ago!rhd 64 ..been in same family since 66 and only done 35000 so far ! hope we can start putting some miles on her soon as mot is planned for some time over the next 2 weeks...really want to take her to santa pod, been busy fitting new exhaust tyres mini service and half way through lowering her, done the front easy enough but the back is proving to be a bit of a pain, well pleased with the engine as was really worried if it would be ok after not being started for 8 or more years, last taxed 1975!! still not ticking over very well but after new spark plugs it started within 5 mins!!
just waiting for the brake parts and hoses to turn up then i really will have to think about what im doing!!! i hate brakes!!

Any way hope you like her too and see you at some shows soon :D

Danny Lord

Post by Danny Lord » 10th April 2007 - 2:31pm

Very cool looking Notch, look forward to seeing it in the metal :D

Paul Hayward

Post by Paul Hayward » 11th April 2007 - 2:00pm

Hers one more picy with new ride hieght 8) Not sure if the back is too low or not! will see in a week or 2 ...may go back up a bit not sure yet!

Editor

Post by Editor » 11th April 2007 - 8:17pm

That should stop you having to fill the back with people - sorry mate, it's not that I want to keep the back-seat perfect, I just don't want to bottom out the suspension! :)

Paul Hayward

Post by Paul Hayward » 11th April 2007 - 10:23pm

Dont worry Dave its going back up for sure!! ive never lowered a car before so trial and ERROR im afraid!!

Had some bad news on way down to mt local vw club 2 nite, thankfully just coming off m way and boom rattle bang followed by smoke on our 54 oval :( , was hoping to delay new oval in the bug till end of summer so got that to fix as well now!

Just have to get the notch on the road quick as cant be without air cooled for too long! but back will be raised!!!! :oops:

Take it easy.........

Matthew

Post by Matthew » 18th April 2007 - 9:53pm

Hello,

Where in Southampton, if you don't mind me asking?
There are a few of us - we should get together.

Matt (St.Denys)
Red Fastback - sometimes seen out and about.

Paul Hayward

Post by Paul Hayward » 20th April 2007 - 6:10pm

Hi Matthew
im in warsash, Nearer Fareham but comes under Southampton!! You should come down to our local vw club , its called pkw and meet around 8 every wednesday in the Tank musiem car park just by southsea sea front then cruise down to the Bridge tavern in old portsmouth around 9 ish once every one has turned up! We going to Big Bang as well but the notch is not ready to go to this one! Trying to get the new engine in the oval and back on the road to take that as bit less work and no time at mo as gone crazy at work! Ceck out pkw vw forum and see you down there! Should make it this wed but wont finish work till 8 so will be down about 9ish........Paul