My money + your advice = Improved Squareback

For Type 3 and 4 restoration projects, interesting history, adventure trips etc
67 Squareback

My money + your advice = Improved Squareback

Post by 67 Squareback » 11th May 2007 - 9:06am

To start with I bought a 1967 Squareback about 4 years ago when I found out that my 82 Camaro (4 cylynder and a pile besides) needed about 1000 dollars of front end work. I sold that to a friend and bought this. It was in ok shape to start with aside from passenger floor plan being rusted through some. After 4 years of little to no mantience, other than when it wouldn't run, due mainly to finacial problems it has degraded quite a bit. I hope to change that over the next handful of years. It has been a nightmare trying to fix it up a bit at a time. One thing fixed and two would break. I have 400 dollars and a birthday in a day or so and as such hope to get it rebuilt running-wise and hopefully then be able give it the care and attention it deserves. I recently bought a more or less complete 67 SB parts car for 50 bucks (lucky lucky break) and hope to rebuild that engine. Also I am thinking of upgrading my 009 distributor to electronic. Any further suggestions or advice for easier starting, I live in a climate that fluctuates greatly from cold to hot and have a terrible time. I know that its currently due to the sorry state of the car, and the rebuild itself will help a good bit. However I would like the best possible starts. Also thinking about either swapping the clutch from the parts car, or buying a new one. I am thinking about adding Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, and Tach gauges. Any others I should think about? Pics will follow as soon as I have a chance to use someones camera. Thanks in advance for any help, advice, and knowledge you'll share. My overall final goal is about 1-2 steps down from a show car i.e. It will be a daily driver, and while nice and complete is not going to be spotless all the time, and probably not any fancy engine details. Basically as if it were just driven home from the showroom.