G'Day , 64 Beryl Green Square from Oz!

For Type 3 and 4 restoration projects, interesting history, adventure trips etc
mullerbugs

G'Day , 64 Beryl Green Square from Oz!

Post by mullerbugs » 5th April 2018 - 1:40pm

Hi Type 3 fans, my names Shane i'm a Londoner now living in Bundaberg Queensland Australia. Always wanted a squareback as have a thing for wagons or "estate" cars so was happy to pick up this Beryl Green 64 Squareback. Travelled 8 hours to pick it up but super happy with it as had been looking for close to 3 years.

It's seems in pretty good nick, the engine has been changed for a 1600 dual carb and it's been converted to 12 volt. Had to weld the floor pan rear section with a part from ISP west in the states and now going through the brakes etc. Hoping it'll be on the road soon but it's a slow painful slog in getting parts and even ordering online from companies has been a nightmare with wrong parts being sent!

A vw nut i also run the Bundy Volks face book page so feel to check us out on facebook, we organise local cruises and meets. Loving aussie life but miss the UK scene so this will be my fix!

Plans for the Phat Pea are to lower, alloys and later a meatier engine.

broady_6

Re: G'Day , 64 Beryl Green Square from Oz!

Post by broady_6 » 8th April 2018 - 12:23pm

always nice to have a new member, nice to hear about your aussie car. but the picture arent working, dropbox doesnt appear to have the embed function for the image. Youll need to right click on it and copy the image specific address.

The sultan of swing