A little accident

For Type 3 and 4 restoration projects, interesting history, adventure trips etc
unclemoom

A little accident

Post by unclemoom » 15th December 2008 - 7:49pm

I was on the motorway early saturday morning and it was raining quite heavy, i went to overtake a lorry and when i got round him all i had in front of me was traffic cones. They had closed two lanes on the motorway because of an accident earlier in the evening and i didn't see them until i got round the lorry. I stood on the brakes, locked the front wheels up, narrowly missed the back of the truck and spun round in the road. As i plowed through the cones the light on the top of one of them went through the windscreen of my square and hit me in the chest, I then had to drive about five miles in the rain with no windscreen to get off the motorway. So i have spent today sorting out the massive dent in my quarter panel and putting the screen out of my notch in the square. I wish i hadn't left the house Saturday morning.

Editor

Post by Editor » 16th December 2008 - 12:17am

Unlucky, and lorry spray is unforgiving. Driving blind is never a good idea - I was chasing the Severn bore in a Beetle years ago, and I went through an area with water lying on it, and came out the other side with a coat of liquid river silt completely coating the car - instant darkness!

Well, it could have been a whole lot worse, but having had the odd minor bump a couple of times, you spend a lot of time thinking what could have been, but maybe the house might have fallen in on you instead!

Is the dent in the wing or the body shell?
Dave.

Danny Lord

Post by Danny Lord » 16th December 2008 - 6:19am

:shock: shame about thee damagae, but at least ya still here to tell the story, glad ya ok and hope ya car back on the road soon.

Danny.

alan

Post by alan » 16th December 2008 - 7:17am

:shock: hope your ok.

Sounds like your very lucky! Could have been far worse.

All the best,Al :D

easy

Post by easy » 16th December 2008 - 8:08am

Sorry to hear about the accident but at least you are all good 8)
Chrome doesnt get you home...

unclemoom

Post by unclemoom » 16th December 2008 - 3:48pm

Cheers guys
the damage was in the rear wing so just took the bolts out the bottom of the wing and managed to push it out. The panel was already stretched from before so it just looks the same. The one thing i couldn't put right was the sill trim, it came off in the accident. I just need a screen for the notch now.