My Notch

For Type 3 and 4 restoration projects, interesting history, adventure trips etc
McBeardy

My Notch

Post by McBeardy » 1st April 2009 - 10:39pm

My 66 Notch, its a LHD Polish import, and now after finding a job, means i can keep her and start to have my fun, plans are to lower, do up the interior, get her reliable and usable for the summer and use her.Had her first proper test at the volksworld show on sunday, got there and back ok so im pleased :)
Info on her, 65/66 polish import, running 1600tp engine, with twin 34 solexs.You peeps may renember her from being on the for sale pages a few times, used to be running 4 lug Ronals, but thanks Kinky Micks, (wernt my cup of tea) now running some black oe's (thanks Ads, for the wheels, and gf for muchos help in the shotblasting, painting and masking). Unfortunalty dont think the wheels really suite the Notch, and im truely undecided for what wheels to go for, so any suggestions from u guys would help, dont mind 5 or 4 lug either.
Still got aload of plans and smallish jobs to do, and have done a few other things aswell, which il get pics up off soon. But heres a few:

How she was when i got her
How she is currently

heres the current wheels, pre shotblasting, shot blasted, primered, coloured, mock up & on,
Somedays you're the statue, somedays you're the pigeon

McBeardy

Post by McBeardy » 1st April 2009 - 10:42pm

Also put the us spec rear lights on and clear indicators,

McBeardy

Post by McBeardy » 5th April 2009 - 5:56pm

ok sundays my only day off, for the week was planing to do a few jobs on the notch, unfortunalty twisted my ankle paying football (damn this sunday league stuff), so heres some small pictures of stuff i done last week.
ive never been a fan of cal look window rubbers and think chrome look trim always looks better on any notch or bug, was planning to buy the orginal rubbers and trim, but didnt have that much spare $ and didnt want to replcae a seal which wernt leaking (think my water trickle is coming from the airbox).
well i bout some 3mm think chrome trim from my local chavfords, and proceeded to (with help from the gf) to polace it on the rubbers, hey presto dummo look chrome trim!
I know, i know not the real thing and u purists will hate it, but at the mo it works and im happy :)
Image.
Next job sort out my flappy wipers and chrome them, glue in carpet, attach new indicator/full beam stalk, horn and washer sort out, and the big one slam it!

Editor

Post by Editor » 5th April 2009 - 11:55pm

Looks pretty good in the photos. Does it sit in the channel? Plastic, I assume?
Dave.

McBeardy

Post by McBeardy » 6th April 2009 - 2:42pm

nope sits just on top, slightly raised, guess you would notice it, if you were looking & defintly now ive mentioned it lol

McBeardy

Post by McBeardy » 20th April 2009 - 11:23pm

Now im not sure (after being persuaded by a colleage at work) to detail all my chrome work in matt black, slam it and run some 2 litre alloys, what ya think?

kls

Post by kls » 22nd April 2009 - 8:17pm

some thing like this 8)

going to take the trim off thou :D [/img]
F.A.T VW club

73sq

Post by 73sq » 22nd April 2009 - 11:54pm

I'd keep the chrome