New to type 4

For Type 3 and 4 restoration projects, interesting history, adventure trips etc
hernandez412

New to type 4

Post by hernandez412 » 9th August 2009 - 11:28pm

Hi guys i'm new to the 412 scene. I've always had camper vans, so was intrigued when I saw stu412le selling his 412le. It's a thing that had never crosssed my mind, but for some reason I had to have a look. The more I looked the more I liked, so I bought it, with no engine. So if any of you guys have advice on tinware and things i'll need to make a standard type4 engine 412 friendly, it would be much appreciated. I've posted a want for a drive plate, think i'll also need an engine hanger bar, unless I can modify a bus one. I'll try and post a pick of Gold Member, that's what I call him cause he's Gold :lol: Spent ages wedndrying the roof and polishing it, still not that happy with it, but it's a million time better than it was, I've never seen such a grotty roof ;) Now to figure out the picture thing

Editor

Post by Editor » 10th August 2009 - 12:35am

That would have a basecoat and clear finish. They can be awkward when the clearcoat gets a bit porus. I would keep it waxed to try to prevent moisture penetration of the clearcoat, as it is now thinner than before.
Dave.

hernandez412

Paint

Post by hernandez412 » 10th August 2009 - 10:05am

Hi Dave, It's been repainted at some point by a short person, judging by the overspray join line along the centre of the roof :lol: Most of the polishing took it past the overspray and back to original coat, still can't figure out how to post pics

hernandez412

pics

Post by hernandez412 » 10th August 2009 - 11:34am

Ahh found tread on pic posting ;)