Just wanted to say 'Hello'

For Type 3 and 4 restoration projects, interesting history, adventure trips etc
Grenade Girl

Just wanted to say 'Hello'

Post by Grenade Girl » 9th May 2010 - 1:47am

Hello :) I'm Steph (aka Grenade Girl).

My other half (known to many on the veedub scene as VWFish) and I have far too many vws if I'm honest, but we have just collected our (my) first type 3 - a gorgeous red 1965 1500S notch, known far better to you guys than it was to me.

Though I'm definitely NOT the mechanic in the family I am chuffed to bits with her and she drives like a dream! :D

Hopefully you won't mind too much if I come find you at some of the forthcoming shows :)

Editor

Re: Just wanted to say 'Hello'

Post by Editor » 9th May 2010 - 12:03pm

You are most welcome, but try not to make us all envious of you and your new car! I'm not into all these accessories, but they do look good on this one.

Looking at that photo reminds me how nice the South of France can be. I always understood that photo was taken when the car was living down there.
Dave.

Paul Hayward

Post by Paul Hayward » 9th May 2010 - 2:44pm

VERY 8) car :D ....will look forward to seeing this again soon!! i saw this a few years ago at action and its just fantastic!...well done!!
Paul and Kat

ARCANE

Post by ARCANE » 10th May 2010 - 8:45am

Absolutly stunning everything looks just so right love it. 8)
"A BLIND MAN WOULD BE GLAD TO SEE IT"

WWW.DBS-VW.CO.UK

WWW.CTTP.CO.UK

Grenade Girl

Post by Grenade Girl » 10th May 2010 - 12:35pm

Editor wrote:You are most welcome, but try not to make us all envious of you and your new car! I'm not into all these accessories, but they do look good on this one.

Looking at that photo reminds me how nice the South of France can be. I always understood that photo was taken when the car was living down there.
You are spot on, it is a stock photo. I suspect you know 100% more than me about where it was taken tbh - sorry! I will get around to taking my own pics soon, but the phrase "rainless day" and I seem not to be compatible at the moment.... still, summer soon :)

Do come and say 'hi' if you find us at a show - you guys know WAY more about the history of this car than I do and all stories would be greatly welcomed! :D

Grenade Girl

Post by Grenade Girl » 10th May 2010 - 12:46pm

barndoor deluxe wrote:VERY 8) car :D ....will look forward to seeing this again soon!! i saw this a few years ago at action and its just fantastic!...well done!!
ARCANE wrote:Absolutly stunning everything looks just so right love it. 8)
Thank you. :D

Running the risk of going all girly for a minute - I am genuinely feel-warm-inside delighted with this car! She may be an old lady (and forced us to enlist the help of the friendly roadside rescue on the way home to prove it... Gotta love classics!) but she actually is my dream car. And yes I'm aware ho horribly sad that sounds.... lol

stuvw

Post by stuvw » 11th May 2010 - 1:49pm

schweet mota 8)

type3willy

Post by type3willy » 12th May 2010 - 7:11pm

Awesome!. That car looks like new, and better with all those accesories. Good with the steering wheel on the left?.
Where is the engine?

Grenade Girl

Post by Grenade Girl » 12th May 2010 - 10:35pm

type3willy wrote:Awesome!. That car looks like new, and better with all those accesories. Good with the steering wheel on the left?.
Cheers! :D We really got lucky with this one. The steering wheel on the left means having to be a bit more aware of positioning on the road, but visibility all round is great so its really not as scary as it may seem. :)

Danny Lord

Post by Danny Lord » 13th May 2010 - 7:57pm

8) welcome to the forum :)
Got a Notch? www.facebook.com/groups/327056744047848/

5thPhantom

Post by 5thPhantom » 14th May 2010 - 8:30pm

Utterly gorgeous car!! 8)

And nice to know I'm not the only girl around here too! :D :lol:
* Dave and Lucy *

Chief mechanic and second-in-command to Brewster, our 1972 Type 3 Squareback with a beautifully complicated fuel injection system!! :-)

Grenade Girl

Post by Grenade Girl » 14th May 2010 - 9:11pm

Danny Lord wrote:8) welcome to the forum :)
5thPhantom wrote:Utterly gorgeous car!! 8)

And nice to know I'm not the only girl around here too! :D :lol:
Cheers guys (and gals) :D

Extraordinary cars deserve an extraordinary forum - It's good to be here! :)

Mr. Fish has been on a secret new toys finding mission and Puppy has already come up trumps! A cat eyed mirror, oil filler tube to the rear valance with dipstick, and rare reverse lights have already turned up 8) New engine promised for Tuesday.... (gorgeous car... but expensive habit! :shock: ;) )

jokercore

Post by jokercore » 15th May 2010 - 7:43pm

awesome notch!!