VW project in lift support

For Type 3 and 4 restoration projects, interesting history, adventure trips etc
msmith

VW project in lift support

Post by msmith » 5th March 2011 - 4:36am

Getting On With The Bodywork.
You can see that the rear deck is now positioned. A lot of cutting is required to get to this stage, Take it easy and cut a bit at a time, don't get carried away.
You can see in this picture that the bodywork is starting to take shape. The screen surround has been fitted, and the rear deck and rear wings have also been put in position. It is important at this stage to check, double check and check everything again. Mistakes at this stage can be time consuming and costly to fix later on.
In this picture you can see the rear wings in position and the extent that the rear bodywork has had to be cut back. Quite a daunting task if you have never done anything like this before.

At this point I am trying to decide what to do with the rear valance. The engine I have will be difficult to fit within the standard bodywork and I also want to build a custom exhaust system which won't line up with the existing cutouts. So I may cut it out and fit a custom one.
In this picture you can just make out some of the panel damage that was suffered in the accident. This will require futher work to put right.

post pictures later again
---------------------------------------------------------
Mark Smith
Rugged Ridge Shackles:Lift Support:Rugged Ridge Spring Spacer:Rugged Ridge Steering Stabilizer:Rugged Ridge Floor Liner