White Squareback AKA The Colonel work in progress

For Type 3 and 4 restoration projects, interesting history, adventure trips etc
sbannatyne

White Squareback AKA The Colonel work in progress

Post by sbannatyne » 7th February 2013 - 9:41pm

For those of you who know this car I wanted to update on the work in progress.

The car has been with T3D for a while now, I have been pushed with work and moving house so I have been quite relaxed to let things go their own pace.
Well the car has been blasted in preparation for some welding and new panels, and as expected the new "panels" have become "sections" (it was that bad...) The sections will be sourced from the states. The plan is to get the car rock solid before committing to new paint etc.

Once I have it back ill run it ratty until I can decide on paint and source some other bits for it, it will be mostly stock, its already been lowered so other than that I might just treat it to some new wheels, maybe American racing salt flat specials if I have any money left from the resto. I don't plan on this being a quick patch up job, i want a solid car thats as safe as can be so I can take my kids out in it.

I have tried to paste pics in that show the tattered remains post blasting, hope they are viewable!

i'll update as things develop.......
Last edited by sbannatyne on 14th April 2013 - 12:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

sbannatyne

Re: White Squareback AKA The Colonel work in progress

Post by sbannatyne » 24th February 2013 - 6:50am

The list of parts needed keeps growing!!! new NOS front panels, back half of a donor car coming from California, the bottom 6 inches of the car need to be cut out and replaced. So the roof is solid.....oh and the engine is in good shape..... but at least it will be safe and done right.