Got her back!

For Type 3 and 4 restoration projects, interesting history, adventure trips etc
Jimmy Filth

Got her back!

Post by Jimmy Filth » 26th June 2013 - 8:33pm

I'm finally living somewhere that has a place to store/work on the fastie, so after several depressing years the work can start in earnest. This is her when I bought her

Then about a then about 2 years ago I started stripping her down to deal with a bit of rust that turned into a lot of rust. It then ground to a halt as I didn't have the resources to do the work needed so she went into storage.

Got her back today. Need to do a fair bit of welding to get her through the MOT. All the work needed is cosmetic, although being done by myself.

She's been lowered and I'm going to fit an early bumper to the front, but other than that I want to keep her as original as possible. Also want to keep her patina.

Jimmy Filth

Re: Got her back!

Post by Jimmy Filth » 27th June 2013 - 1:29pm

Spoke to T3D today. Going to order some new Sill panels when I get paid. I believe the heater channels and the floor pan are pretty good, so it may not be that much work. When those bits are done I'll move onto the small cosmetic ruspots. Until then I shall be attacking her with a wire brush attachment to see how bad the spots of rust are.

Rich Oakley

Post by Rich Oakley » 3rd July 2013 - 4:50pm

That car used to live in Burgess Hill, where I live.

Jimmy Filth

Post by Jimmy Filth » 5th July 2013 - 8:05am

That's where I bought it from. Got under it yesterday. Floor pan and heater channels are in great condition.

Going to buy a passenger side sill and sill extension for both sides and that'll be the structural welding sorted.