My New 412 LE

For Type 3 and 4 restoration projects, interesting history, adventure trips etc
412 Fasty

My New 412 LE

Post by 412 Fasty » 31st July 2014 - 11:08pm

Hi again after a long time (or what seems to be) with no Type 4 to talk about.

However this last month has seen my 412 circumstance change :)

The first is a Green Variant that i got off here eventually. Had belonged to an old guy who's last trip took it to Italy!!!! I got this certified after scrolling thro 412 pics on google and spotting a randomers photo tagged Variant in Italy. Clicked and could not believe it. Was mine!

The second i fetched this morning and is definitely a keeper. I was gutted when my last saloon was sold and I feared i would never get another. Luckily I have found this one fitted with original injection engine. And what only can be described as a wind deflector, see pics!

This one was parked in a garage in 1984 and not seen daylight since. Apparently the house was empty for a time and she sat there dormant all that time. This weekend should see her running again.

Love it to bits already and intend to fully restore within next few months (seats needed desperately) If I can get it anywhere near the condition of my last one I will be happy.

Thought while I had a minute i would update my situation, had fun on this site in the past and the support was imense. So again folks, i'm back with you again.

Cheers!

937carrera

Re: My New 412 LE

Post by 937carrera » 31st July 2014 - 11:33pm

Congratulations, and good luck with the resto.......... I've had my 412LS variant a year now and seeing the fastback I'm starting to get a craving again, just like 30 years ago when I had a pair :)
David
1974 412LS Variant
1973 412LE 4 door Fastback / Saloon

412 Fasty

Post by 412 Fasty » 6th August 2014 - 10:58pm

Little update on my Variant project. Took it for a blast tonight after building it back up (minus the much needed rear window!)

I have totally bare metalled the body, needs lots of finishing touches and the front lowering but not bad for me and younger brother 5 days work to turn it from this.....to this.

Not everyones taste but was not a good example to start with and a hideous colour.

We love it but may be for sale in near future as i want to restore the saloon.

Cheers

Image[/URL

[URL=http://s859.photobucket.com/user/O2rjon ... 9.jpg.html]Image

CLIFFORD8003

Post by CLIFFORD8003 » 7th August 2014 - 12:40pm

Front seats! i think i have a black pair in the garage, you can let me know if thats what you are looking for. Cheers Cliff.
CLIFFORD8003