1971 Fastback Iberia Red

Post your Type 3 & 4 cars for sale
Chino

1971 Fastback Iberia Red

Post by Chino » 21st November 2017 - 9:17am

Well, after deciding to keep this car not too long ago, apparently life has other plans and I now am house hunting and require some more money for the pot...unfortunately this means parting ways with my much loved Iberia Red Fastback and finding her a new custodian

Oh well, onto the details. The car has been in my ownership for 4 years. In that time I've used it over summer and kept it garaged and dry over winter. It's done the odd show here and there but is still reasonably 'fresh' if you like that kind of thing It has covered 95k, which I believe to be it's first time looking at the MOT records I have from the DVLA. On the subject of MOT, it has one until April 2018.

Bodywork wise, the car is very solid. The paint is shiny and cleans up well but is not concourse, although not original as far as I can tell, it is correct. As far as I can tell the pans have never been welded (no patching visible when stripped down), and looks to have been kept undersealed throughout it's life. I have continued this and cavity waxed with liberal amounts of Dinitrol. It has had a few repairs to the usual minor sections, all done professionally to a good standard, this includes replacing the drivers side wing with a good steel replacement.

Mechanically the car has been well looked after in my ownership, with the brakes gone through, it has received new rear cylinders, front calipers and fluid. The flexi fuel hose has been replaced with Biofuel hose and filter relocated by the gearbox. The car has had new shocks all around, a new steering box and coupler and the beam has been kept well greased and top arms adjusted.
The gearbox oil was renewed upon me taking ownership. The engine has had its chokes removed at some point before my ownership, but this does not seem to cause it too much bother and the 1600 with twin Solex carbs goes quite nicely once warmed up. These have recently been balanced/tuned. The exhaust has been replaced with a rare Cyclone Extractor system from the 70's which give it a nice throat and the occasional pop on overrun

Onto the interior, which has seen a professionally made and fitted headlining in black (by Pete Lenton Trimming), as well Spirit Interiors carpets and the seat frames refurbed by myself and TMI covers fitted. Wolfsburg crest fixed seatbelts are fitted as well as a Jailbar on the parcel shelf and a wicker under dash shelf (both imported from ISP West). The original wheel and dash(a few small cracks as they all do), are in place with an Empi trigger shifter.

The car comes with a vast raft of receipts and paperwork amassed in my ownership along with its Birth Certificate from the Autostadt in Wolfsburg.

I could carry on for quite some time about all the work I've done/had done to this car, but it's probably best to give me a call to discuss should you be interested, to this end drop me a message and I shall supply my phone number.

For this lovely piece of 70's VW motoring I am asking £5500ono, I am not looking for swaps thanks

kaddy

Re: 1971 Fastback Iberia Red

Post by kaddy » 21st November 2017 - 10:09am

Beautiful car....think you are underpricing it for what it is, but needs must.
Good luck with your sale.

broady_6

Post by broady_6 » 21st November 2017 - 10:48pm

Yep id say another £1000 on that isnt unreasonable. depends how quickly you need to sell. With the looming annual misery people tend to spent less on their toys for a month or so :(
The sultan of swing

Chino

Post by Chino » 29th November 2017 - 8:54am

Deposit taken.

Chino

Post by Chino » 30th November 2017 - 7:30pm

Sold!

kaddy

Post by kaddy » 2nd December 2017 - 6:02pm

Good Fasties never linger too long. Well done.