currently for sale on ebay

Post your Type 3 & 4 cars for sale
kaddy

currently for sale on ebay

Post by kaddy » 11th March 2019 - 10:24am

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392255424084

Irish registered car. Was originally white in 2004, then sold to another owner.
A lot of money was spent on work and a respray for this car to its current state.
But it was more of a quick lick and polish, rather than a proper job. Although proper job rates
were charged.

I had considered this car a good few years back, probaly 8+ or more. Then it needed more work which
the irish owner could not afford, as it had bled him up to this. Its probably in worse condition now.
I had a lot of pics of the areas that needed work, and it was more than 2 hours worth believe me.

Just thought I,d mention this for anyone considering it. IIRC the asking price when I was looking was
more than 5k euros. One of the previous owners of this car is a club member on www.eircooled.com

I could have bought it from him prior to all the costly revamp to wine colored at 2k.

2 1/2 cents

kaddy

Re: currently for sale on ebay

Post by kaddy » 12th March 2019 - 11:17pm

Gone.

broady_6

Post by broady_6 » 13th March 2019 - 8:54am

Wow, theyve been hanging around longer than that recently
The sultan of swing

kaddy

Post by kaddy » 13th March 2019 - 11:28am

Maybe the owner was anxious to get rid. When I looked at it years ago it was ready for
the standard fasty resto work. It definitely was not ready for a coat of finish, and the owner
realised that when it was too late. He could not go in reverse at that stage.

I would have taken it at a lower price, but the owner was trying to recoup lost costs. Which he couldn't
as it did the rounds here for a few years after, and no one was interested in it. Not that Type 3's are popular
here, they're not folks run a mile from them more through ignorance of the breed than anything else.

I often wondered where it ended up.Last bid i saw on it was £2050.