The Bright Red Fastback

For Type 3 and 4 restoration projects, interesting history, adventure trips etc
Fraz

The Bright Red Fastback

Post by Fraz » 16th May 2012 - 1:02am

Hi all, I subscribed to the forum a few months back now when I was looking for a type 3, all the threads on here are very useful! but anyway I thought id post a few pictures up of my car, a 1971 model Fastback 1600 TL (although the badge says 1600E), she has done me really well the past few months! since the purchase iv used her as my daily and she doesn't complain one bit, and seeing as iv just done a 300 mile round trip down to the welsh coast (located in Lancashire) I thought id share some of the photo's, hope you like it :thumbsup:

Danny Lord

Re: The Bright Red Fastback

Post by Danny Lord » 16th May 2012 - 7:46pm

That's :cool: welcome to the forum :D
Got a Notch? www.facebook.com/groups/327056744047848/

col1600

Post by col1600 » 16th May 2012 - 9:49pm

very smart mate..

im liking the red.....
You Love It.!!!

canenn

Post by canenn » 6th June 2012 - 7:55am

You have something looking really well here! I just made a purchase for something similar to this though a green 1971 fastback and sure enough, it makes for something that is well maintained and has no problems right from the get to. It has been lying on my extra storage space for quite a while now and have just thought of doing a restoration job for it.

l469

Post by l469 » 7th June 2012 - 11:02am

wow one question i can't see the fuel filler flap on the osf wing
is this normal on certain english variants ?

Fraz

Post by Fraz » 7th June 2012 - 11:54pm

l469 wrote:wow one question i can't see the fuel filler flap on the osf wing
is this normal on certain english variants ?
I'm not to sure but this particular one has had it blanked and painted over(blanked rather well, painted not so perfect) can only think this was done to make a more usable boot space as the weld area is around the exact size of a filler cap reassess and so can't imagine it being for rot :S, personally I don't mind the smooth look of it 8)

Also the tank has been blanked at the origional filler neck and a new one put in running from the front up against the spare wheel well wall
Last edited by Fraz on 8th June 2012 - 12:03am, edited 1 time in total.

Fraz

Post by Fraz » 8th June 2012 - 12:00am

canenn wrote:You have something looking really well here! I just made a purchase for something similar to this though a green 1971 fastback and sure enough, it makes for something that is well maintained and has no problems right from the get to. It has been lying on my extra storage space for quite a while now and have just thought of doing a restoration job for it.
Sounds good! I really think green is one of the colours that can really set a fastback off! Good luck with the resto, also you dont happen to have the July Volks world do you? A really nice green fastback in there under the readers rides section! 71 model also