Hello I'm new here and am looking for a fastback or notch

Questions and general discussion on all things Type 3 & 4
Advinnie

Hello I'm new here and am looking for a fastback or notch

Post by Advinnie » 3rd January 2017 - 8:25am

Hello everyone I'm new on here I'm in the process of selling my 2276cc powered 72 bug and am looking to move on to a fastback or notch back but can someone tell me the problem areas to look at when viewing one please and if anyone has one for sale could you please let me know.
Many thank
Adam

purplepeter

Re: Hello I'm new here and am looking for a fastback or notc

Post by purplepeter » 3rd January 2017 - 12:13pm

Good decision!
First problem is finding one for sale
There's a basic buyers guide Here : http://www.vwtype3and4club.org.uk/_docs ... eType3.htm

It'd be a good idea to start keeping an eye open for spares to get a feeling for prices & availability- It's getting difficult to find some things at realistic prices

When You get to the point of looking at a specific car, try to find someone who knows Type 3's to go with You

Advinnie

Post by Advinnie » 3rd January 2017 - 1:04pm

Thanks for the link mate I will read it now. I've found this one on eBay I'm thinking of going to veiw http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222347918822?redirect=mobile

kinga

Post by kinga » 3rd January 2017 - 5:57pm

Hi matey - good move - I swapped my bus for a type 3 and the difference in drive is amazing!

I bought a real nice fasty a couple of months ago, but before I bought mine I managed to track down the contact details for one that was for sale at a local car show (not local to me, local to the owner) - spoke a couple of times to the sellers by email but ended up buying the one I had been lusting over for some time.

Not sure if they still have it for sale, but I can let you have the contact info - it was being sold by an old couple I thing - they had had it for over 20 years I seem to remember and it looked quite nice.

if you pm me your personal email address i'll forward the email over to you that they sent to me.

cheers

Advinnie

Post by Advinnie » 3rd January 2017 - 6:04pm

Pm sent mate. What year fastback did you go for?
And what sort of price did you pay if you don't mind me asking?